Inductions due to pre-eclampsia

mrskx0x0

Scarlett's Mummy
Reaction score
How common are these in the UK? I was just wondering if they induce you at 40 weeks or let you go over?

if your pre-eclampsia is quite serious they will induce u to prevent harm to you or the baby, my mums wasnt very serious but they still induced her 4 weeks early. its just best to keep a check on your blood pressure, and also that your not getting any headaches and very swollen ankles, but the midwfie said to me they usually will induce if its looking to become serious as they thought i might have it due to my mum having it! sorry im not much help but hope this gave u an idea xx

Thanks jenniferannex and snap about the Mum thing. This time last week I thought I was fine and tomorrow the bloods come back and I find out if that's actually true or not :wacko: My Mum was induced at 39 weeks when the visual disturbance and swelling started but as I don't have that yet maybe they will make me wait.

yeh thats what it was with me, last week i had high blood pressure so they just told me to check for anything else such as headaches and the visual things, cos they said its normal at my stage to experience higher blood pressure than normal. but since then its gone down. but best to keep an eye out! hope all goes well :thumbup:

my friend was induced at 37 weeks. She was hospitalised at 36+4 as her protein went up to +9!

My friend was induced 8 weeks early due to severe pre-eclampsia. She & her LO were quite ill for a few days afterwards but both made full recoveries.

I was hospitalised at 34 weeks and induced at 35. Had a healthy baby boy and only had to stay a further 4 days in hospital. Usually they just want you to get to 37 weeks and will induce.

If you have pre eclampsia they take the baby out if its mature enough.

i had pre eclampsia with my first and I was induced at 39 weeks as i started with visual disturbances and huge swollen legs and face!
my pre eclampsia was quite mild untill that point tho, but they had said that they prefere to get baby to 37wks but will induce labour earlier in cases where pre eclampsia may effect mum and/or baby x

I had my first born at 38 weeks. i went for my routine midwife appointment and bp was right up and had protein, was referred to hospital and after a few hours monitoring they decided to induce me. i didnt really have any symptoms other than major swelling. this time i'm on baby aspirin to reduce the chance of having it again. hope that helps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->