infacol/dentinox/gripe water

bubbles82

Reaction score
My little girl is nearly 4 weeks old and has been having colic/trapped wind issues, she cries out in pain in the evenings and nothing we do seems to help much. I was advised by a midwife a few weeks ago to try infacol, and we've used it every day since but it hasn't seemed to help. A few people have said they had success with gripe water which I've just bought today, but waiting til she's over the recommended 4 weeks to start using it. Saw that Dentinox is also suitable from birth so thought I'd give that a go first, LO didn't mind infacol after the first few goes but she seems to really hate the taste of the dentinox, and despite it saying 'syringe for easy application' on the box, we seem to have got the stuff everywhere on both goes so far, between LO spitting it out and me not very successfully using the syringe!

I just wondered if anyone had any tips for us, and also if anyone found dentinox worked well for them after having no luck with infacol?

Do you use the infacol before every feed? It helped us but not a great deal, I never used detinox but had some success with gripe water, but like you say, it's only for babies over a month old.

Do you use the infacol before every feed? It helped us but not a great deal, I never used detinox but had some success with gripe water, but like you say, it's only for babies over a month old.

Yeah we were using it before every feed but looking to try something else now we've had no improvement after using a whole bottle

Colief is the best. It's expensive but you can get it on prescription

LO was on infacol for 8 days and it didn't work, we spent £12 on a tiny bottle of colief and it actually made her worst! We then switched to dentinox and it has been amazing, we just put it in her milk. She brings wind up straight away. When she was old enough, we tried her on gripe water but she was really sick with it so we have been on dentinox ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->