infacol vs gripe water

M

MrsEngland

My little girl has severe colic and we have her on infacol because we couldn't use gripe water but from this wednesday she will be one month so we could switch but i don't know if its any better than infacol anyone tried both and found which is better for them?

Gripe water is a miracle in a bottle, my LO Vinnie suffered with terrible wind and infacol didnt ever seem to really work but as soon as i started putting gripe water in his bottle he bought up wind straight away and we havent had any problems with wind since

Hope the gripe water helps your LO

Carly x x

We tried every thing there is for colic. The ONLY thing that worked was switching her to Soy formula. It was a life saver for us :flower:

we have used infacol colief and gripe water...

gripe water is the best by far...

Good luck... We are going through the same xx

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. If I could marry gripe water I would. The satisfaction of the burps it creates is magic to my ears!!

We used both when Marielle had bad colic. Infacol before the bottle and gripe water during.
X

Do you put gripe water in the bottle with the formula then? Is it okay to use it with comfort formula?

you can add it to the bottle, I agree gripe water is best!

I'm slightly wary of adding stuff to her milk because the doctor prescribed colief and you added that to the bottle and she refused to take more than 20ml and would throw it straight back up so don't want to go through that again!

i didnt like the gripe water, made LO worse he had the runs and was sick. used infacol and swore by it

Colief made lilah really sick so i'm wondering if gripe water will do the same idk!

Gripe water......you can give it neat in a syringe or put some in cooled boiled water.

Also dr brown bottles are really good for wind/colic. Been using them for 3 months now and no problems...not miracles but do help xx

I am currently using both, as LO suddenly got much worse again last week. I have to say though..I really struggle to get to take gripe water. She spits it straight back out. I use the infacol dropper to give it her. (She is breasf fed) So any tips on getting her to swallow it would be hugely appreciated.

Infacol didn't work for us, but gripe water is a godsend. I stock up when its on offer!!

I find gripe water makes LO fart loads and relieves constipation.. Heres what ive found helps and OH is amazed how quickly LO burps now.. BIG ONES too lol

I sit her on my lap as upright as possible.. I put one arm round her front, hand under her armpit and apply a little bit of pressure to her stomach.. (not squishing it though, just a tiny bit), then pat her back with my other hand, quite firmly in the middle of her back..

Works a treat.. She burps alot faster if I use infacol buh I find she hardly needs it anymore to be hionest :)

Gripe water......you can give it neat in a syringe or put some in cooled boiled water.

Also dr brown bottles are really good for wind/colic. Been using them for 3 months now and no problems...not miracles but do help xx

We use dr brown bottles :winkwink:

Well shes a month old so gunna give gripe water a go tomorrow but give it her in a syringe not in her milk. is it safe to use infacol and gripe water?

A tip I got from another bnb post is to use boots apple flavour gripe water as it tastes nicer than some other brands. My Lo lips it of a spoon and loves it plus it works a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->