Infacol Vs Gripe water

Teel

Reaction score
Ive been using Infacol for a few days now and im not sure if its working. I mean, she is windy, but i find she strains for something.

Lil bubs is 3wks old now so Im not allowed to use Gripe water until they turn 1month. Im thinking of switching to this in a week.

Im not sure if its a coincidence, but bubs is not doing as many dirty nappies as she normally does- is she constipated? Did anyone have this problem?

Which worked best for your LO Infacol or Gripe Water?

Personally for my LO infacol worked so much better but it has to be used before every single feed. Gripe Water made Amelia really sicky, but every babe is different.

Infacol...

Gripe water made her vomit instead. Yeah it got rid of the wind but don't really want her to be sick instead.

xx

Thats what happened to Amelia too....:sick:

Gripe water for me. Infacol didn't seem to work for my lo, he had colic pretty bad.

defo infacol.
gripe water did nothing at all but make ali cry!

Christine
X

Thanks ladies for all your replies.

Its day 5 of the Infacol- LO is like a lil farting machine at the moment- so its doing something right.

I was worried about LO being constipated as she has one dirty nappy compared to having too many to count before. According to my MW this is normal for babies of 3wks old- one dirty nappy and many wet nappies. Pheww- nothing to worry about.

Infacol makes all the tiny bubbles group into big bubbles therefore easier to get rid of....one way or another :rofl:

I used Gripe Water a couple of times but as it contains alcohol I wasn't keen on giving it. To be hones they do naturally grow out of the colicky/windy stage soon enough....it just takes a little while sometimes and is hard:hissy:

Baby massage helps work wonders too in my opinion:happydance:

Infacol makes all the tiny bubbles group into big bubbles therefore easier to get rid of....one way or another :rofl:

I used Gripe Water a couple of times but as it contains alcohol I wasn't keen on giving it. To be hones they do naturally grow out of the colicky/windy stage soon enough....it just takes a little while sometimes and is hard:hissy:

The ones they sell now don't have alcohol. :):baby:

i love infacol, it works really well for maddi, but when she has the occasional gripes i give her gripe water and she does a really big burp and she's fine again. i think she get's it as she eats like a piglet in the day and sleeps all night :blush: x x x

infocol and dr browns bottles really have helped us Im using a mixture or expressed bm and bf and those bottles are a godsend really annoying to clean and rather expensive but so worth it.

by the way my 1 st bottle of infocol, I dropped on the floor while trying to hold bubs and get some of that stuff in the bottle so went out and bought a 2nd bottle and wouldnt you guess it yes dropped the new bottle on the floor to I think Im just so clumsy or destined to spend my life savings on infocol hehe

infocol and dr browns bottles really have helped us Im using a mixture or expressed bm and bf and those bottles are a godsend really annoying to clean and rather expensive but so worth it.

by the way my 1 st bottle of infocol, I dropped on the floor while trying to hold bubs and get some of that stuff in the bottle so went out and bought a 2nd bottle and wouldnt you guess it yes dropped the new bottle on the floor to I think Im just so clumsy or destined to spend my life savings on infocol hehe

I have invested in a few Dr brown bottles also and have been using them for a good few days- i think they are helping too. I will never go bak to tommee tippee ones.

The ones they sell now don't have alcohol. :):baby:

Ooops, sorry. I only tried it with Lauren and Abi, they're 4 and 6 now...sorry for giving the wrong info':blush:

Infacol doesnt work for my likle one, but DENTINOX works a treat, put it in ever other feed (hit one, miss one).

She is tonnes better !

xx Not tried gripe water but have some in the cupboard

my baby was very gassy and i tried both but infacol didn't seem to help at all. Gripe water worked much better for him

i use dentinox too, was using infacol but didnt seem to do anything so we changed, he is brilliant at his wind now just still straining whilst he is feeding bless him but like u he only 3 weeks old so unable to test out gripe water as of yet...x

Gripe worked a treat everything else was balls for my lady :D

The only thing that worked for Jas was Dr Brown bottles

infacol seems to be working well with elliot so far-hes farting n burping it up now lol. the look on his face when he tastes it is hilarious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->