Infected episiotomy and broken down stitches.. *updated with another question*

I'd definitely try that, but I'm FFing so I can't!
We has our babies on the same day.. Must have been something in the stitches that day :lol:

Sorry to hear you're in pain..:hugs:

Im glad you posted this thread though as Im going through a similar thing (wound wise) having my little girl a week ago. I Had to have a episiotomy, which has since become a little infected and doesnt seem to be healing as well as id have hoped. It hurts soo badly! Seems unfair really, to have to deal with this too, as well as all the usual post pregnancy ailments; it really gets in the way and, although I am soooo happy and totally overjoyed with my little girl, it has been making me feel totally fed up at times. :growlmad::cry: just not being able to do things like bend over, sit properly is very frustrating!

So just wanted to say that I hope it heals for you soon.... x

hey hun, i had a similar problem where i pulled one of my stitches out by moving a bit too quickly (they were put in badly to begin with, had to have 4 removed after finding one had ripped out) Also had an infection in the little gap that was left. It is agony, and i used to think i was bring really dramatic about the pain lol!

I used arnica tablets to reduce the swelling and takes the pressure off a bit. use a jug of water when u pee to dilute the urine (less stinging) pour as you pee. bath in the morning and in the night to keep it all clean. and sit down as much as possible! it will only aggravate if u do too much too soon.

go back to the doc if antibiotics have finished. mine worked within 7 days and i had oral antibiotics and a steroid cream to put 'down there' as well. keep topped up with pain killers! good luck xx

A little bit :) I'm getting there! Was discharged by the midwife on Friday because Ill be 28 days on Monday so they can't see me anymore.. It's closing, slowly, and still really sore, but I'm coping better now :) the infections gone, and i'm feeling a lot more positive about things! Thanks for all your advice xxxxx

If you've had disintegrating stitches put in, it could be that you're reacting to them and instead your body is trying to 'get them out' as such.

My body doesn't cope with dissolvable stitches and so will be telling the midwives this before they stitch me up.

When I've had them in the past, I've ended up having them cut out and things have healed really quickly..maybe something to think about.

My midwife saw me after the 28 days allowed, although only by a few days. I also made an appointment with her a month or so after being discharged as she was the only one who had seen down there. If you need to then you can always ask them :)

Glad you're feeling more positive and healing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->