• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Info needed

Irishmum

Mum to Alex
Reaction score
Hey ladies! Was just wondering whats the longest any of your LOs have gone without their bowels moving?

Alex hasnt gone in two days and it seems to be causing her a great deal of pain. She's being really good bless her (she's not really a baby that cries very much) but I can tell even when she's passing wind it seems to be causing her discomfort.

Was just wondering if any of you had experienced this and if you had any reccomendations for fixing it?

Thanx a million :hug:

hey hun. Jack had constipation and didn't go for a few days. i ended up bringing him to caredoc with it and he gave me a suppository (not sure how to spell) and this worked straight away. i brought him to my own doc and they advised me to change his formula to an easy digest one and now he goes once a day sometimes twice. hope this helps hun :hugs: you could try water or maybe water with glucose in it. thats what we did before we brought him to the doctor. it worked but is not always reliable :hugs:

Hi hun...my LO also went 2 days without making a bowel movement...as he is formula fed i gave him cooled bolied water inbetween feeds...x

the longest jessica has been with out, if about 3 days, i gave her cool boiled water, as above, and it helped :)

if she doesnt have anything wrong with her hips then lie her down n bring her knees up to her tummy this will help bring on bowl movements! also rubbing her tummy will help too! mil was a mw n she told me that lol

Zane went 2 days without a poo and wen he did one bloody hell i knew about it lol

This was a discussion the other day at the mommy group I go to and the health nurse says that it can be as many as 8 days... I don't think I would let it go that long though. I use a ounce of baby pear juice mixed with an ounce or steralized water and that seems to do the trick.

3 days for Hannah. Try giving a warm bath, placing a warm cloth on the tummy, and moving the legs in a bicycle motion....those always help us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"