Info on dating scans please?

glowworm00

Reaction score
My last af was 1/7/14 and found out i was pregnant on 7/8/14. Clear blue digi stated i was 1-2 weeks pregnant then.
My periods are all over so i know im not as far gone as last af says.
I am due to go for a scan on sept 24th.
If i am only say... 9 weeks instead of 12 will i have to go back for another scan at 12 weeks.
Thanks

Hi Hun if your having the downs scan then yes you will as they need to be done between certain weeks xx

Yep, you'll have to go twice no matter what if you want the Down Syndrome scan. It's a totally different scan. The dating scan is usually just a quick peek (often done transvaginally), to make sure there's someone in there, listen to the heartbeat if you're far enough along, and measure baby's size. The NT scan (for Down Syndrome and other chromosomal issues) has to be done between 11 and 14 weeks (I think - I might be off on the exact dates), is abdominal, is more detailed, and measures for a few different things. You also will get a blood test and some genetic counseling with it. I couldn't even do mine at the same office where I had my dating scan, I went to a special genetics center for the 12 week, then it's back to the original office for the 20 week anatomy scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->