Info on free births anyone?

MustangTali

Reaction score
Ive had 3 traumatic hospital births and my fiancee and i want to have our next baby at home...ive been weighing pros and cons for 4 yrs and given lots of thought to the descision. Do any of you ladies know about free birth? Id like some more info please=)

Almost forgot...any info/experience with lotus birth would be helpful too as im into the idea of less stress on baby and the health benefits. Thanks in advance!=)

There's a website called unassistedchildbirth.com which I found really interesting in my last pregnancy, I also got her book, i think it's called born free? I had been present at a freebirth before getting pregnant with my first, it was amazing..my friend delivered/caught her baby completely herself with friends around her flat, popping in and out of the room quietly just offering her drinks etc. Because of her I knew I could homebirth succsesfully with my first and after that had gone so well despite the fact that he was posterior and it was a long labour we decided that with #2 we would try to go it alone.
I ended up calling a midwife just because my contractions had been 12 mins apart but very strong all night and I started to doubt myself (even tho I was managing to drift off for a few mins at a time between them) but as she rang the doorbell I went into a contraction a minute after the last one then the urge to push a min after that and the poor midwife was out if the room on the phone to her back up as I pushed my son into my partners hands in that 1 contraction!! Baby had obviously planned he wanted to be born without the mw after all haha!
It was amazing to labour with no VE's or heartrate monitors or well meaning scouse midwives asking me mid contraction how I was doing?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"