Injectables w/o IVF

TTC74

Reaction score
Anyone done injectable meds to induce good ovulation on a natural cycle or IUI cycle? That's the direction that I think my RE is heading in. I didn't respond well to clomid, but I can't help but notice that most people appear to do clomid or femara with their IUI cycles. So, I'm wondering what kind of success people have had on injectable cycles absent IVF.

Both of my iui cycles have been on femara and menopur. The injectables weren't that bad.
When will you be starting them?

Should be next cycle. I'm going in next week for my consult, but the RE already told me that if my 3rd round of clomid (which was last month) was unsuccessful, we would move on to injectables or IVF. I can't afford the latter. So . . .

I am moving to injectables + Femara next cycle. My RE seems to to be on the aggressive side. I produced two follicles my first and only IUI last month. However I am moving to also have injectables this moth to see if we can get more follicles. I go in Saturday to see how many I have :)

My doctor said injectable with iui gives you a 35% success rate. But also has higher rate of multiples because it isn't controlled like ivf

Following. I think I will be in the same boat next month. Haven't been responding to Clomid so he said next step, next cycle is fsh injections.

Matilda - when will you know? My appt is next Thursday.

My next appointment is Monday. I have a scan to check no follicle growth on Clomid, it'll be day 20 and there hasn't been any yet, so clearly won't be. He said he'll chat more about fsh to me then, but he said it can give better success than Clomid so fingers crossed. I'll update you after Monday 😊

That's exciting! Fx for you! My appt is on Thursday to discuss injectables. Until then, I'm just waiting and dreading charting with my pre-O temps above 98.

So my scan was a no go and last week my fs said i would start injectables next cycle but yesterday he had a change of heart and wants to up my Clomid dose instead. Apparently he doesn't think he can show he's tried enough to allow me to get injectables under the pbs (i live in Australia).

TTC - thats good to look at more options. Never hurts to look at more options :)

Matilda- So Sorry to hear about your're scan.My injectables aren't covered by insurance unfortunately. But luckily I was on the smallest dose possible so wasnt too bad.

Hi ladies, mind if I join? Best of luck to all of you! (TTC--I know you from the 35+ threads...Hi!)

A little about me:

I will be doing injectable meds next cycle if this cycle doesn't work. This cycle I did 50 mg of clomid, produced two follicles. The clomid made me super emotional and really thinned my lining. IUI was last Thursday so I'll know next week if it worked. Not feeling like it did.

Next cycle I'll be doing follistim. I hope it produces more follicles since my chances at age 40 are pretty low that any of them are good. Just takes one, right?!

I have 6 IUIs covered by insurance, no IVF coverage. Injectable meds are covered at 80%. I am really hoping one of these IUIs works..the next step is REALLY expensive!

:dust::dust:

Welcome Vonn! 2 Follies sounds great, GL to you this month... hopefully this will be the lucky one for you :)

AFM - Just got done with IUI #2. DH post sperm was 19mil, 50% motility, and I had 7 follicles. FX one will stick!

Well, today is the day! I have my appt with my RE in just a few hours. Fx it goes well!

Well, I'm back from the appt with the RE. He's putting me on folliistim injections with an hcg trigger and IUI next month. Fx!

Momofadane--wow, the gonal-f really upped your follie count! GL to you, I hope this is your cycle. 7 chances seems like pretty good odds!

TTC--I'll be on the same protocol as you for my next cycle. I hope it's just right for both of us! As you can see, I don't have much hope for this cycle. I'd love to be proven wrong, though. :wacko:

Matilda--I'm sorry that you won't be able to move on to a new med. I hope the increased clomid is just what you need! It is terrible to be beholden to/limited by the insurance program/healthcare system, but there doesn't seem to be any way around it.

Happy weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->