inlaws- are you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
I am actually really lucky!

My mil always knows what to get me without asking.
She knows i like my smellys so she always gets me one of those huge sets from boots!
Last year she got me the huge soap and glory gift set i remember being more chuffed with that then most of the stuff adam got me! :blush::xmas8: :xmas13:

And my grandma and grandad-in law? :blush: always get me a really nice present or they put enough money in a card to buy an outfit which makes me feel awkward. :blush:

I get a bit annoyed with BIL's and SIL's because every year we buy for them and they dont even bother!
i wouldnt mind if they just bought the kids a little summit but they dont.
And they arent skint they just recieve but not give.:shrug::growlmad:

sooo are you happy with what the inlaws get you?

They get me nothing and never have done even the year my parents got their son 2 tracksuits, a pair of nike trainers for £80, 2 more t-shirts and a couple of other little bits. Oh well they're wa**ers anyway :rofl:

^ and that was when we'd only been together 4 months :rofl:

My in laws get me pretty good stuff

FIL and his GF got me £50 River island voucher
MIL (single mum so dont expect much)- always gets me a nice scarf or slippers

SIL buys for kids as she is only young herself x

My MIL is fantastic, she always looks after us and gets us fantastic presents, at Christmas she gives me £50 each for the boys to buy whatever they want, she said she is to old and doesn't know what's in anymore !!!!! Lol. She always gives me and OH money to treat ourselves at Christmas as again she said she doesn't know what to get us anymore (we have been together 16 years, so people have ran out of ideas lol)

My SIL is a twat who hasn't spoke to me or bothered with my boys in almost 8 years !!!!

There is no FIL (he passed away)

No inlaw grannies or granddads

Well MIL & stepFIL always get good pressies for me, usually its jewellery, smellies etc last year was £50 to get new maternity clothes.
FIL & step MIL are not so good, cant even remember what we got last year & this year we've been told they are only buying the children. Its not like they are even hard up (rolling in it a bit actually) & they know christmas is coming all year, I couldnt imagine not ever buying my children even a little something for xmas, its not the actual present, its the thought isnt it? Or am I being a bit harsh?

Mine are pretty good when it comes to choosing gifts for me. They are very generous and even when they don't get it quite right they always put some effort in. My bil usually gets me some really nice perfume like armani or something so I'm always chuffed with that. They all get loads of stuff for the boys too.

no your not being harsh!!
i have a story about last year-

My FIL is an absoloute W*****!!
this is how bad he was, when i fell pregnant with taylor he asked adam in front of me "are you sure its yours!?" :shock: (we'd been together over a year!).
When taylor was born he turned up at adams nanas house and adam asked his dad if he wanted to hold the baby (taylor was only 3 days old and 1st time he'd met him)
and he just said naaaaa your alright!!
when mia was born, he called her a boy and didnt even remember taylors name!
and he asked if he had got rid of me yet?!! :cry:

anyway last year we spent a fortune on em and his kids(adams half brothers and sisters).
We showed up with all these presents and he just said "oohhhh i havent got you lot anything yet!(it was the day b4 xmas eve) ill drop tyler and millys presents off tomorrow!"
tyler and milly???
needless to say he didnt show up.
and havent heard from him since
arse hole

My PILs don't give gifts any more; they've even stopped doing cards. Granted, between their kids, kids' spouses and grandkids they'd have 26 people to buy for, so I can sort of understand it, but there's something odd about the way they're just deciding not to bother with things as they get older - it's like they're opting out of life.

tosspot is putting it kindly!
waste of space!
bad enought hat he never bothered with adam as a kid but thinks its ok to behave the same with our kids

My in-laws are lovely. i think they brought me some juicy couture perfume before but we havent been with them on a christmas yet so as were in different countries i didnt expect anything. now with LO my PIL's left us with some things for LO and give us some money for a dancing teletubby to get him and brought me some Toms and will send hubby money. I think BILs/SIL will send money for LO but they dont buy things for us :shrug: although we always do boots 3 for 2 for them. oh well! i dont mind as long as they get LO a card/present xx

see my issue is we buy my brothers and sister a presents coz they always buy for us and the kids.
But i said to adam maybe we shouldnt bother with his siblings coz they dont get us or the kids anything.
BUT he insists its not fair to get mine something and not his :shrug:
would save so much money, hes got 2 brothers and 3 sisters
whereas i only have 2 brothers and one sister

My OH & his brother made a pact years ago when they both had different girlfriends that they wouldnt buy xmas or birthday pressies any more so we dont get them nor they us but we buy each others children.
See now im in a bit of a cunumdrum (sp? lol) do we get them anything at all or get them something small from the children? Like a bottle of wine or something? x

well i think thats what were gunna do i think.
get their kids a nice prezzie and were getting the adults a tin of chocolates to share between em! theyre only a fiver and well loved!

My parents in law normally get quite nice presents but I have had a few odd things from them. My SIL just buys lots of tat. Last year she got me these huge novelty slippers. This year we have suggested that we'll just get for her kids and she can just of LO. If she is anyything like last year then she will buy her a bag load of tat too.

The only inlaws i have is 2 SILS, SILs fiance and other SILs son. both OHs parents are dead and hes not that close with extended family. the 2 SILs usually get me a prezzie off the both of them. and then i get a little smelly set off nephew. last year they got me a gorgeous bag from next and a bottle of ghost perfume.
SIL and nephew are really easy to buy for but the other SIL and her fiance are so hard to buy for, you usually end up getting it back as a present off them the following christmas :growlmad:

Omg Vix what a total W*****!! cant believe he doesnt even know his own grandchildrens names!!

well i have a MIL and FIL and step MIL, my MIL doesnt buy us gifts although we still buy her a gift she does however give our girls £20 each at christmas although she will spend little or more on other grandchildren depending on who she likes best at the time :wacko:.......
My FIL and step MIL....always buy us a little gift often a joint present for the home and buy the girls a little something....although my step MIL spends more on her real grandchildren not step grandchildren iykwim...:wacko: i also have 8 SIL and 8 BIL......(inc OH step brothers and sisters) we have an agreement to only buy for the kids however soemtimes for whatever reason certain BIL/SIL dont always buy for our girls leaving them out but not others iykwim.....families!!!!
we would never leave any child out for any reason and we buy all the little ones a gift regardless and always give to people we recieve from x
my husband definitely gets treated better by my family and VIX your FIL sounds like a total dick.

please note: in bold, this is not regarding my SIL who is also a member on this forum.

My MIL and FIL spoil me! wayy more than my own family do! They even get me more than OH :haha: And as for Lola dont even get me started, she goes mad buying all sorts x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"