inplant how do they put it in ??

hotsexymum

mum of 4
Reaction score
inplant how do they put it in ?? does it hurt are you awake when they put it in ???

They give you a local anesthetic where they will insert the implanon usually inside upper arm. Then they will cut you slightly and push in the rod. You don't feel it though as it will be numb from the first needle. They then put a stitch where it went and a bandage/plaster over it. Nothing too it. Bruises a bit but heals within a week usually. Its much worse getting it out.

xxx

They give you a local anesthetic where they will insert the implanon usually inside upper arm. Then they will cut you slightly and push in the rod. You don't feel it though as it will be numb from the first needle. They then put a stitch where it went and a bandage/plaster over it. Nothing too it. Bruises a bit but heals within a week usually. Its much worse getting it out.

xxx

exactly y im on the pill x

xxx

are you asleep then then ??? think i would rather give birth lol:rofl:

xxx

exactly y im on the pill x

pill did not work for me thats how i got little harry would not be with out him tho he is worth it :hugs:

Mine was slightly different, they didn't cut me, the implant was like in this needle like this,
https://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/kirkin999/implanon.gif
she numbed the area they put the needle in and injected it in me, well i think??
If she did cut i didn't feel it,

This was my arm the day after, it really wasn't that bad, just abit numb for abit
https://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/kirkin999/TheArm.jpg

Urgh I could never get that done! Gives me the creeps *shivers*

Ok, my implant was for hormonal treatment for endometriosis, so maybe it's different to the contraceptive one but I had it in an injection form. It was done on my bum (just above actually) as that's less painful, there was no cutting, no local anistheic and yes it was a bit sore but not that much. Definitely manageable. I would ask at your GP what their method is.

mine was same as amy_tea's. not painful at all just a bit irritated for a day or 2

I've not actually had it but have done a lot of research when i was considering it and i was told it would be done how kaci said hers was. then to remove it you get a local aneasthetic and they cut the top of your arm and take it out.

I'm having it done on thursday...I'll let you know what it's like... eek!

I had this but suffered really nasty depression and had no idea there was a link. I already had depression but was mega low once I'd had this implant....I thought it was fab until I realised this was what made me feel so down:cry:

Just letting you know in case you have suffered from depression before, this wasn't a side effect that I was aware of when I had it put in :cry:

I had this but suffered really nasty depression and had no idea there was a link. I already had depression but was mega low once I'd had this implant....I thought it was fab until I realised this was what made me feel so down:cry:

Just letting you know in case you have suffered from depression before, this wasn't a side effect that I was aware of when I had it put in :cry:

thanks for that ,:hugs:

no not asleep just get a local anesthetic injected in your arm to numb the area. Its really not that bad but implanon did not agree with me and it took me forever to convince em to take it out.... had to see 3 drs

Also, you can end up with quite a large cut to take it out if they happen to make the cut in the wrong place. I ended up with an 'x' mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->