Insensitive things people say!! Urgh

I get more annoyed over the " baby's are hard work you know" comments! Usually by those with children too....:growlmad:

Takes me all my time to smile instead of telling them to take their condescending comments elsewhere!

I have been around babies!- I am 37 and not a child! you complete and utter tool!! I know it's not a walk in the park, but my god there is JOY in having children its not all hard work or people wouldnt do it again!

lol, ok feel better now :haha:

Just this morning in the supermarket I had a shop assistant come over to me and say 'Youre not in labour are you? We're not ready for that this morning!'...My response was 'I hope not, i still have 2 months to go' to which she replied.... 'Twins is it? youre huge!'

Thanks love...i hadnt noticed!

Sneaking over from 2nd tri, but soooo excited about being only 12 days away from 3rd!!

One comment that really annoys me is "it's going to get worse". If I comment that my back is hurting or got a pain under my ribs, which I just get from time to time, the main reaction is that it's only going to get worse. I know this, but I hurt now!! Sympathy please!! Also had it with regards to struggling to put on socks/shoes/bend over. I am short bodied so everything squished already. Was telling my mum a few weeks ago I literally can't catch my breath when I put socks etc on, and her response was "it will only get worse". Ssshhhhhhh!!

Also, one woman said to me that if she was me she wouldn't want to go a day over my due date. "Looking at the size of your stomach now, I would definitely not want to go overdue.....ouch!". I was about 3 1/2 months at that point.

I have had the twin comments loads of times as well. It got to the point that by the time I went for my 20 week scan I was expecting for a second one to be in there that had previously been hiding!!

Everyone has an opinion on a pregnant lady, whether they are "huge", "tiny" etc. ggrrrrrrr!!

The due date one....you'll definitely not go over. You'll be early.
1. Stop insinuating that I'm sooooo big I couldn't possibly go full term
2. Stop tormenting me - you ALL said that to me first time round and he was 12 days late!

Im measuring 3 weeks ahead fundal height and I am so sick of people at work teling me im not gonna make it to full term coz im so big...

Omg firstly thats rude..ffs never mention a womans size...

Second... im measuring ahead.. I have a us next week and im already scared that somethings gonna be wrong or off..
Dont make it freaking worse!

I have a few that bug me for the simple fact they're repeated by everyone. Unintentional I hope lol.

- wow, it's just come from nowhere!

- you're so tiny, you'll be a stick straight away (erm, do they know what a ladies body looks like after birth!)

- oooo .. Not long now! You excited?

- it's going to be hard work with two! (I have a toddler)

And my favourite..
- you look knackered. (Thanks. Because I didn't feel gross enough?)

I know they probably don't mean to bug me. But hearing them over and over is so annoying xx

I haven't had any of these comments as of yet *touch wood* its actually the opposite, me calling myself a whale lol! and i actually love when people say "wow your big now" and love when people touch my belly. OH has been the only one thats been insensitive at times like once he said "well if you bleed and something happens, there's nothing you can do about it, whatever happens, happens" yes i know i can't but that is not the point, now that is insensitive.

I've had girls commenting that i'm walking like a duck LOL! but meh, WHATEVER! LOL! They'll find out one day whats its like and wont be laughing then, ha!

Im measuring 3 weeks ahead fundal height and I am so sick of people at work teling me im not gonna make it to full term coz im so big...

Second... im measuring ahead.. I have a us next week and im already scared that somethings gonna be wrong or off..

If it's any help to ease your mind- i was measuring 3 weeks ahead from 30 weeks and had a growth scan last week- and the have said everything is fine- measure approx 6.4lb :happydance: . Hopefully all will be ok for you :)

"Do you ever stop eating?" -from my cousin. Nope, I sure don't, do you ever stop being obnoxious? :p

"Wow, baby must be hungry!" - Everyone who has ever seen me eat at a buffet in the last 4 weeks. Even though I don't have that much on my plate, I don't understand the constant comments. I get it, I'm the biggest you've ever seen me, I'm also the biggest I'VE ever seen me. Back off.

Last one, "Oh, I'm sorry, are we boring you?" from the professor in my audit class (I yawned).

1) Yes, you are boring the hell out of me and 2) I'm 32 weeks pregnant, and I haven't slept all night since about week 25. Leave me alone!

I feel better :)

This comment is the worst one i got from my own dad too " I knew a woman who was pregnant for 50 years the baby was dead the whole time ,maybe you should get checked out" ( im overdue)

If it's any help to ease your mind- i was measuring 3 weeks ahead from 30 weeks and had a growth scan last week- and the have said everything is fine- measure approx 6.4lb :happydance: . Hopefully all will be ok for you :)

Thanks hun :)

that makes me feel better :)

This comment is the worst one i got from my own dad too " I knew a woman who was pregnant for 50 years the baby was dead the whole time ,maybe you should get checked out" ( im overdue)

omg that's brutal!!! do not even listen to that crap doesn't matter who it comes from. That's just crazy that someone would even dare say something like that. Many women are past their due dates and than give birth just fine to healthy babies.

So glad to hear I'm not the only one getting these negative comments from people. Reading all your comments makes me so mad how insensative people are. I really don't think it's our hormones having to do anything with it affecting us, but you do not say certain things to pregnant women. Of course we will gain weight & look fatter than what we did pre-pregnancy but no need to make us feel so bad about it, for gods sakes we are carrying a baby inside us and dealing with many symptoms as it is, we don't need someone making us feel horrible about our weight.

Its not like they would walk up to someone that has gained weight due to poor diet and point out how they have grown or fat they are so why they think its ok to do it to someone that is pregnant I dont know.
My friend when she was pregnant kept calling herself a whale and I would never agree, I always told her how great she looked and she did as she was carrying a baby..

These rude comments are fueling my better eating and getting more exercise. It makes me want to show everyone how quickly I can bounce back... huge was I? Well look how great I look now?? At least it's making me do something positive lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->