Insomnia any drugfree solutions help!

pisces78

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I am 8 weeks pregnant and have just started a new stressful job, lecturing to 100+ students considering I hate public speaking!

I'm finding I'm waking up around 2am to 3am and then can't fall back to sleep. I don't know if this could be related to the pregnancy, hormones or stress of job but Im scared of stressing out the baby!!
Does anyone have any drugfree solutions to help with insomnia? or dealing with excess stress and tension. I feel so exhausted during the day!

Yoga might help, also if you take deep breaths and count them you can usually fall asleep fairly quickly. Always works for me. Eating foods that make you sleepy before bed (like turkey or dairy products) may help. Also, a trick I read was to sleep with one leg under the blankets and one leg not. It balances your body temp and makes you sleepy. Sometimes I find if I'm awake for a long time, just sticking a pillow between my knees and turning over makes for a whole different sleep experience and I just doze off.

Sleeplessness just comes with the territory. When I was pregnant with my daughter I rarely slept at night. I'm the type of person who goes to bed at 10pm and during that time I was awake till 4 and 5 in the morning. I would then nap during the day.

They are all good suggestions, I will give them a go, thank you kindly for responding to me!

These last couple of days I have also suffered from insomnia. Actually, I rarely have a problem falling asleep in the evening, my problem is I wake up at 3-4 am and can't go back to sleep. It's really frustrating and tiring :(

What sort of helped me this morning, after laying wide awake in bed between 3 and 5 am was to take my pillow and lay down in the sofa. Somehow that made it possible to fall asleep again. So my tip is try to change to the sofa or another bed if you wake up.

Good luck and I hope you can get some quality sleep soon! :)

Still trying to resolve this myself, without success so far, but you're not alone! My insomnia is nuts. I don't fall asleep until 2-4 and then find myself waking at 6 and being unable to fall back asleep. It's beginning to wear me down a bit! Lol. Am hoping midwife will have a suggestion when I go next week -- but following this post in hopes I can find something that works ;)

My fatigue is my biggest symptom, i'm in bed roughly 8pm most nights and try not to sleep until 9.30pm if i can stay awake that long lol I then wake at about 11.30 to pee, then again at 1.30 then again around 3.30 and often the 3.30am one means i'm struggling to go back to sleep. I found lying there tossing and turning did nothing to help, a friend suggested i get up and get cup of tea and something light to eat then go back to bed. Worked a treat for me and now i keep food by the bed (always have water anyway) nibble on something and can usually fall to sleep again :) x

Hi Pisces, I take magnesium at night to help with restless legs and it also helps me fall asleep. I hope you get some rest soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->