Insomnia anyone

maddy1

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am 6+4 and have become an insomniac. Is it just me or is this an actual symptom during early pregnancy?

It's surprising because last week I couldn't sleep enough and past few days I have been tossing and turning all night and cant seem to settle down!

:cry:

Me!! I had terrible insomnia, still do every once in a while. The "okay drugs" list from my doctor says that if it's really bad, I can take benadryl (I use that for my terrible allergies anyway) or Tylenol PM, just try not to use it every night. The diphenhydramine makes you drowsy, but I've found that sometimes I don't want to get out of bed and it takes me about an hour to fully wake up in the morning. I've also done a banana and a cup of chamomile or Sleepytime about an hour before bed, but once again you're not supposed to drink those frequently (supposedly). You can also try magnesium and calcium supplements. There's lots of natural remedies if you don't want to go the drug route. I'm on benadryl right now because the pollen is horrendous and I go into sneezing fits and my eyes and nose run at night.

Make sure you're getting enough exercise. I'm not super active but I try to walk a mile every day - it's a mile from my house to the mailbox and back.

Me!! I sleep okay but if something wakes me at night... like my 3 year old!.. then I have such a hard time falling back asleep. It is sooo annoying and i'm so tired the next day.

Didn't have this with my first pregnancy... or maybe only in the 3rd trimester.. so this is new to me too!

How timely! I had really bad insomnia last night. Went to bed at 10pm and didn't fall asleep until 230! Only to be awoken by my 16 month old at 7am :sleep: Guys, I have no idea how I am going to get through my day today with my two kids. Is this hormonal?? I have been sleeping really well lately too. Most pathetic part about this whole thing is that I had a massage yesterday evening and thought I'd be off in dream land no problem last night. Hope this passes!

This started happening for me before my bfp! I can usually get to sleep ok but then once I wake up, which I often do for a wee, it takes me hours to get back to sleep. And then my toddler has me up between 6 and 6.30 every day :(

Ive been a chronic insomniac for years. It's hard to cope with isn't it xxx

Yep I'm often awake when my husband gets in from work then I can't wake up before 11, luckily my toddler is in a bad mood if I get him from his room before 10am he likes his play time

My fiancé is my carer, I have a multitude of issues. I usually sit up all night and he gets up with kids as I fall over about 6 or 8. I dread night time, hate it with a passion xx

I have horrible insomnia when pregnant wake up at 1am and at best go back to sleep at 3:30

In the last I'd say three days or so I have the hardest time falling to sleep. Once I'm asleep in ok. Unless I hear my 10mo old on the monitor. It will take forever to go back to sleep again.

It sucks because my major pregnancy symptom this time around is exhaustion! So I'm constantly tired!!

Idk what it is, hormonal or anxiety but this needs to settle down, I am a zombie at work!

Auntsas that sounds just like me :(

Hope this passes soon! and Christina 86, my major symptom is also exhaustion!

WhisperGirl, I am happy you have a carer, I hope you get a chance to feel rested and well!

wish you a very happy & healthy 9 months!

This is driving me insane. I'm literally getting NO sleep. I'm exhausted. I shut my eyes and it feels like I'm going to nod off but nope it doesn't happen. Then I'm getting really agitated and start tossing and turning grrrr xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->