Insomnia

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Ladies I think I could cry. Since I found out I was pregnant I haven't once had a single good sleep. I'm not fatigued like I've been in my other pregnancies. I toss and turn all night until I wake up for good at 3 am and then just sit there... it doesn't help that I'm coming down with a virus and all I want to do is sleep it off but can't..
Anyone in the same boat or have any suggestions for me?

No suggestions, but I am definitely in the same boat as you. I can fall asleep pretty easy the initial time, but I find myself waking constantly throughout the night and then I'm just laying there for 30-45 minutes or longer in between wake cycles. It's so frustrating and leaving me feeling exhausted every day.

Oooooh I know what you talking about :haha:
But I have ended this suffering! I am use over the counter sleeping aid, its something like Benadryl and its perfectly safe to use in pregnancy. I have discussed it with a doctor... and it works! It doesn't know you out, but it does help you to sleep. :happydance:

I totally had insomnia in weeks 4 and 5. It sucked! One thing is I stopped drinking about 2-3 hours before bed so that having to pee wouldn't wake me up. I also got some lavender essential oil, and put a few drops on a tissue on my bedside table. It seemed to help!

Ahh it’s the worst!
I suggest getting a book, though. I’d turn on my lamp and read a couple of chapters and it’d make me tired enough to go back to sleep.
It’s worth a try!

I take "Unisom" which my doctor has told me is perfectly safe. The active ingredient is doxylamine succinate, which I believe is also used as a treatment for morning sickness. It's not perfect, but I sleep a little better with it. Also, I only take a half dose, as a full dose makes me too sleepy the next day.

I know how you feel i do get really tired but cant switch my brain off x

I am struggling with this as well. Waking over and over. Too hot, too cold, thirsty, muscle aches, have to pee, too hot again, dog is laying on me, SO snoring (lightly and totally shouldn't bother me), too cold, damn I have to pee again, leg is cramping, oh my god it's 0430!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->