Insomnia

Jase

Reaction score
hello i'm jase and i'm an imsomniac :cry:

few years ago before i met the wife i had some personal problems and wasn't particlarly happy with life and part of the problem was insomnia, with recuring nightmares i'd get about 2hrs sleep in a 24hr period, mostly naps this went on for a couple of years on and off, took pills had CB thearpy and tried herbal stuff. sorted itself out when i met layla(i think she bores me ;)) well after finally getting a grip on the finances and getting a job i'm happy in plus improve home life its returned, not as bad but i'll either be very restless or only get a few hours sleep in a night on a positive note the nightmares haven't returned. Just come of happy pills but i don't think its related to this as i'v been on and off them before and its not affected my sleeping
anyho, anyone else had/has insomnia? got any ideas on me getting more sleep as i'm getting snappy and i'm quite scary when i snap so its not a good thing.
ta

I have had bad insomnia in the past and even now I can't sleep before 2 usually even if I am tired. Drives me mad. The onl;y thing I can suggest is try and wind down before bedtime. I find that if I dim the lights, have a hot milky drink, listen to some chill out music then that can sometimes trick my body into feeling sleepy. However seeing as I still struggle with getting to sleep I am probably not the best one to give advice :)

Didn't want to read and run
Can't really help, the only time i have suffered with insomnia is when i was PG , presuming thats not the reason!

Have you tried Kalms or Nytol or whatever they are?
you'll end up burning out, maybe have a word with your GP

Good luck, hope you get it sorted soon

I had insomnia which turned out tobe related to stress and depression. I went on the happy pills and had counselling to help me with figuring out what was the cause of my problems. TBH it was the counselling that helped more than anything else.

I havent suffered from insomnia really .. sometimes find it hard getting to sleep but nothing that causes problems.

Have you tried having a tv or radio on quiet in the background .. can take your mind off trying to sleep??

May not help .. just a suggestion.

I had it once only for a week :oops:

but it killed me i was a walking zombie. i got head aches because i was not getting sleep.

i got some calmers and i had such a great night sleep real nice deep sleep. but i woke up with 3 coldsores and loads of spits. i never get spots!
i didnt take calmers again for a few weeks then when i did i got coldsores and spots again :? shame because they are great.

i find if i am on the laptop then try and sleep i cant or if i watch tv. so i like to read a magazine then i drop of fine x

Jase what do you do for a living? Do you get outside much, or walk much? The best thing is to get some fresh air and exercise, which is why controversially doctors are often prescribing outdoor exercise to treat depression now. My OH always stuggled with sleeping, and since moving he now walks to and from work and sleeps like a log at night.

I can sympathise if it was anything like last night for me, I couldnt seep lay awake half the night, it happens every once in a blue moon for me, usually if something is on my mind, but to suffer with it more must be auful.

Have u tried Bach herbal rescue remedy ? my mum used this when she was having trouble sleeping and alot of stuff gonig no, think it helped.

https://www.bachshop.com/customer/home.php

Cat, he works as a driver and fits offices.

Before that he worked at the airport as a bag chucker lol he was out in the cold alot then and slept fine so thats interesting.

I think he slep last night, i didnt hear him get up. i stroked his back for a bit to try to relax him, on thursday i will be open to reiki so i will be giving him a treatment to see if that helps at all.

xx

Layla does he have the options of walking to work? or going for a evening jog, joining an exercise class/gym?

work is to far for him to walk, but he can go jogging or to teh gym when ever he wants, He used to jog before he met me (i think) so maybe it might be worth him starting up again

xx

try and relax befor bedtime whether thats ur go up b4 layal read a book do some slow breathing clear you mind stare at something or even get a oil burner and 1hr b4 u go bed but lavendar oil and water in the oil burner it may help u relax and teh room will smell of lavendar and may relax you give it a go

thanks for all your advice, tried herbal stuff before had a spray from boots that you squirt on the pillow worked for a bit so i might give that ago again.
nytol etc are a no go as i'v been addicted to them( :oops: ) and they don't work on me.
might have to bite the bullet and do therapy again, i hate having to talk about myself to a stranger(or people i know for that matter)makes me scream inside!

I too suffer from insomnia Jase. I went to see a hypnotist today to help cure my anxiety and make me sleep but dont think it did much. Will let you know if I get a good nights sleep as I was only hypnotised today! hope you get lots of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz in tonight.

I read ... find after a while the words blur.
A hot milky drink and nothing heavy to eat after 8.
Hope you manage to get a good nights sleep as being tired sucks ... I also changed my duvet and got some decent pillows ...
Is your matress comfortable enough?? .. that could be another problem!
Good Luck!
xxx

we have 2 mattresses, i cant sleep on just one lol

its like the princess and the pea! ha ha

xx

2? :shock:

I couldn't sleep in your bed im afraid of heights ... wouldn't wanna fall off lol!!

xxx

I am terrible for sleeping too when I should do.......I have no idea what helps, if I did, I would bottle it and sell it ;)

Hope you work it out Jase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"