intense pain in left hip

nmpjcp2015

Raising Baby Sam :)
Reaction score
So at the beginning of pregnancy I hurt my hip a little, and as pregnancy has progressed it's gotten worse and worse. It's to the point where it's hard to walk, sit, or even get up out of the bed.

I had an appointment today at 36+5 and the dr said she can't do anything about it except prescribe muscle relaxers for night time only. I'm also allowed 2000 mg of Tylenol per day. My only (possible) solution is to have the baby and then do physical therapy.

I'm working until 40 weeks and sitting at my desk has me in agony.
It's radiating down my leg at this point and so painful that it's hard to concentrate.

Does ANYONE have any tips for coping with the pain?? :cry::cry:

If you can, consider trying a chiropractor. It was miraculous for me, even after just the first visit.

I injured myself during my last pregnancy. Tripped over my 2yr old in the street and twisted my body in a way to not fall on top of him..i fell on my face and injured my back but didnt know it till the pain in my leg was unbearable..did tests about a year later found out the i have a ruptured disk in my lower lumbar and the pain is exactly how you described. Got pregnant (unplanned) and they still have me on hydrocodone up till the last month.. I am terrified of how the pain will be beyond 36 weeks. Once you have your baby if the pain stays this way i recommend doing further testing to see if you have done something to your back when you injured yourself ( i hope you didn't)

Yikes, thanks for the advice ladies. I will check with my insurance about a chiro appointment. I know for sure I'll be having a test or two done and going to physical therapy. I used to be a runner and I'd hate to have to give that up for good.

Do you have any advice for dealing with the pain for now?

For me, coping with the pain is otherwise just knowing when to take it easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->