Interesting Appointment

Amelie_L

Reaction score
So, I’m a an Essex ex-pat living in the US and pregnant with baby #2. I went in for my 30 week appointment and wow was it interesting.

Plan was to have the appointment and meet my new obstetrician, as my current one Dr. G, who has been following me this pregnancy, is 33 weeks pregnant herself and would soon go on mat leave.

As my doctor is examining me, she she starts to breath heavily and the new OB, a fairly new medical graduate, she's that Dr. G appears uncomfortable asks my doctor if she is okay. Dr.G says yes it’s Braxton Hicks, gains her composure and continues to examine me. Not more than 2 minutes later, she doubles over in pain, the other doctor rushes over to her, and Dr. G looks at her and says something like it doesn't feel right and her water breaks during my exam!

The new doctor helps Dr. G to another room (i'm assuming to examine her) and the nurse cancels my appointment. Talk about an interesting turn of events.

Oh wow that’s just nuts !
Wonder if she had a boy or girl !

Wow that's quite a shock!
Only 33 weeks? sending my prayers that the baby will be perfectly healthy.

Wow! That is interesting! And ditto I hope everything is alright for her being 33 weeks.

Wow! That is interesting! And ditto I hope everything is alright for her being 33 weeks.

Yes, Dr. G apparently had a baby girl Tuesday am. Baby is in the NICU but doing well I hear.
Gotta say, I like this new ob/gyn though. She called and followed up with how I was doing, especially after witnessing my own doc going into labor (nice touch) and after talking about how nervous I am this time around with all that’s happening (new doctor and all). Very sweet and personable; someone I think I am comfortable with and can trust,
An added plus in that she delivered Dr. G’s baby so I can feel secure she is competent despite being new.

Holy crap, that gave me chills!! Yikes. Well, that's a story you can tell your family and kids for many years to come. lol

Hope you get another appointment and can have a more relaxed and less dramatic exam. lol

Oh wow, that is wild!

Glad you've got on well with the new doc...quite the introduction/1st impression

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->