Interesting Link: odds of having a boy/girl

C

Clover Jane

https://www.in-gender.com/XYU/Odds/Gender_Odds.aspx

I'm not liking my odds, frankly.
It says that after 2 boys, I'm 6% more likely to have another boy than a girl.
However, it says that for families with 3 children, there's a 25% chance of them all being the same gender, and a 75% chance of different genders (which would imply that my odds of having a girl this time are significantly higher than my odds of having another boy, wouldn't you think?)

I don't know, I've never been good at math. But this is an interesting site, anyway.

edit: no wait, I had it wrong. it says my chance of having a girl this time is 47.7%.
That's not too bad, i guess.

Thats interesting. I always just thought it was a 50/50 chance for girl or boy each time.

FX your get your little girl this time.

I'm really happy we are having a girl this time! One of each seems perfect!

it is pretty much 50/50 each time, with a slight variance depending on which gender you have. Ya, families with 3 kids- 75% have a mix of genders and 25% have the same gender, but each family still had a 50% chance of either each time- Its not true that if you already have 3 or 4 or whatever of the same gender that you are mpre likely to have the same gender. Its pretty much just all chance. Those families with the same just happen to keep getting that same. I'm on girl #3-I have read my chance for a boy on #4 is about 53%,(and with baby #3 it was 46% likely for a boy) so still about 50/50. Those with 3 boys have about a 43% chance of a girl next time. This is all based on studies of families. Of course those numbers arent exact for each person, but those who are all same gender still have the same chance as others. Though it can be hard to believe when you keep making the same!

Interesting take on statistics. I have a boy and girl and hope this one is a boy. According to this article it's slightly more likely to be a boy. Fingers crossed it's right, but I won't know till the Little one is here.

Yes apparently if your first two are the same gender, there is a higher chance that your third will also be the same.
I was reading a study on this not too long ago!

Thanks for the link, really interesting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->