Interesting Link: odds of having a boy/girl

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Clover Jane, Jun 4, 2011.

  1. Clover Jane

    Clover Jane Guest

    https://www.in-gender.com/XYU/Odds/Gender_Odds.aspx

    I'm not liking my odds, frankly.
    It says that after 2 boys, I'm 6% more likely to have another boy than a girl.
    However, it says that for families with 3 children, there's a 25% chance of them all being the same gender, and a 75% chance of different genders (which would imply that my odds of having a girl this time are significantly higher than my odds of having another boy, wouldn't you think?)

    I don't know, I've never been good at math. But this is an interesting site, anyway.

    edit: no wait, I had it wrong. it says my chance of having a girl this time is 47.7%.
    That's not too bad, i guess.
     
  2. vanillastar

    vanillastar Mommy of 2

    Joined:
    May 7, 2010
    Messages:
    921
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thats interesting. I always just thought it was a 50/50 chance for girl or boy each time.

    FX your get your little girl this time.

    I'm really happy we are having a girl this time! One of each seems perfect!
     
  3. ashley2pink

    ashley2pink Mom to 4 girls

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2010
    Messages:
    3,658
    Likes Received:
    176
    it is pretty much 50/50 each time, with a slight variance depending on which gender you have. Ya, families with 3 kids- 75% have a mix of genders and 25% have the same gender, but each family still had a 50% chance of either each time- Its not true that if you already have 3 or 4 or whatever of the same gender that you are mpre likely to have the same gender. Its pretty much just all chance. Those families with the same just happen to keep getting that same. I'm on girl #3-I have read my chance for a boy on #4 is about 53%,(and with baby #3 it was 46% likely for a boy) so still about 50/50. Those with 3 boys have about a 43% chance of a girl next time. This is all based on studies of families. Of course those numbers arent exact for each person, but those who are all same gender still have the same chance as others. Though it can be hard to believe when you keep making the same!
     
  4. maggieme

    maggieme Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2011
    Messages:
    328
    Likes Received:
    0
    Interesting take on statistics. I have a boy and girl and hope this one is a boy. According to this article it's slightly more likely to be a boy. Fingers crossed it's right, but I won't know till the Little one is here.
     
  5. sun

    sun Mum of 3

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2009
    Messages:
    13,710
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes apparently if your first two are the same gender, there is a higher chance that your third will also be the same.
    I was reading a study on this not too long ago!
     
  6. Pisces24

    Pisces24 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    381
    Likes Received:
    1
    Thanks for the link, really interesting :)
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice