Internal Pelvic Scan Done... Advice Please?

sdoon60

Reaction score
Hey,

Been for an internal scan this morning, I think they were looking for signs of PCOS. Although they can see the results I was told I have to go back to my doctor in two weeks to get them... two weeks of worrying : (

I am a bit worried as she seemed to spend more time looking on one side than the other and pressing buttons to get pictures. Has anyone else had any experience of this that has turned out to be a problem?

Don't know how I am going to wait two weeks....

Thanks ladies, any help would be much appreciated.

x

Hello, I had this done and the same thing she spent what seemed like forever on one side but all was ok with me as far as no cysts and womb lining was good etc!

I hope it's all ok for you too I'm sure it will be

X x x

They always get pictures and press buttons, to mark up your uterus dimensions and other bits and pieces, sweetie! They're basically not authorized to be giving any diagnosis, they're just technicians. And even if they found cycts, it wouldn't mean PCOS, it needs to be correlated with your blood work.

Thank-you for your replies, you have made me feel better!

I've been going mad googling pictures of PCOS scans this afternoon... like I would have a clue what to look for! But it's good to hear that they take measurements etc, I didn't know that!

I called my doc and they said they might have the results in a week so fingers crossed I get them early x

Don't really know too much about your situation, but I wanted to say that I hope everything goes well for you! =)

I did however have a scan awhile ago and like one of the previous posters had said the tech was def doing some button pushing and such. Sometimes I swear I could feel it taking the pictures in there. LOL

Anywho, good luck though!!!

I got this done 2 weeks ago and was told there and then that there was raised folicles on both ovaries, i asked what that meant and she said had i heard of PCOS. She then sent me for bloods to be taken to confirm it although previous bloods done by the doctor also correlated to it and a lot of what she was doing just repeated that. I've to wait for OH's semen analisys before going back for the results.

Good luck x

I had this done a couple of weeks ago, the technician told me as far as she could see it looked normal but that the Consultant had to check it first. She said to contact my Docs in two weeks to get final results. Which reminds me, I really should ring them, LOL :)

i had a scan of my womb and overaries external & internal at the end of December, i also was told there and then that everything look fine & she would send it to my doctors. I was confused if that was it, so i rang my doctors the week after and got told there was no follow up required so everything fine.

All clinics/hospitals/docs do things differently, so try not to worry about it

Good luck & hope all is well

Thanks ladies, just got to sit tight and wait I guess...

Julybaby, I had my bloods come back clear - would this have showed up PCOS? :shrug:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->