Internal scan / bleeding / safety / heartbeat at 6 weeks

red_head

Reaction score
Hey - I feel like I’m jinxing things posting in here. I’ve alreqdy been utterly convinced I’m miscarrying at least 4 times and I’m only between 6 and 8 weeks!
I have a history of miscarriage so have been having early scans - had first when I thought I was 5 weeks (although by lmp would have been 6) - saw nothing - next at 6 weeks - saw yolk sac and was dated at about 5 weeks (which if it is the case this won’t be successful as I don’t think it’s possible to be that early due to when we dtd and ovulated). Anyway after each scan - about a day after - I started spotting brown blood - the second scan made the bleeding heavier although still only when wiping but I only stopped bleeding yesterday and the scan was 6 days ago now. Anyway I have another scan Monday to determine whether there is a heartbeat and if pregnancy is viable or not. I have a feeling it’s going to be bad news anyway as my symptoms are very mild and come and go, plus bleeding plus my history. Also it’s quite hard to know what’s normal when you haven’t experienced normal before! Anyway my point is I’m worrying about having another internal scan in case I start bleeding again. I know people say t can’t cause miscarriage but I’m not sure I completely believe that as I’ve seen people online swear that’s what caused theirs. Is it possible to see a heartbeat at 6 weeks with an external scan at 6 weeks? I don’t know whether to go ahead or not.

I had external at what they dated me 5w6d and saw heartbeat although given my corrected dates now I would of been 6w3d

Hi hun, ive been following your posts. My sister had a big bleed with her 3rd pregnancy doctors had her dates at been 8 weeks. She went for normal scan and all that could be seen was a sack and yolk but no fetal pole. She was told it was a miscarriage and had to go back in 1 week to re scan. When she went back they found sack yolk and a little heart beat.it turns out that she was 5 weeks when she had the first scan and by 6 weeks heart beat could be seen. So by now i beleive you would see little beans heart beat xx

Thank you both. I think I’m going to see if they can do it external first and the only have internal if I absolutely have to. I’ve found them quite painful so far especially when she checks my ovaries.

Thank you both. I think I’m going to see if they can do it external first and the only have internal if I absolutely have to. I’ve found them quite painful so far especially when she checks my ovaries.

Ive only had 1 internal to check my ovarys (was not pregnant at the time) it was horrid. They dont go gental either. I was left achy and cramping like mad all day. So i undetstand your worry with been pregnant. Xx

I know she’s really rough when she does it! And when I flinched last time she tutted at me! My left ovary likes to hide so spent ages rummaging around and it’s awful.

Depending on the ultrasound tech who does it, it can be quite painful. I hope they are able to see a baby at your next scan.

Drink gallons of water! Make sure that bladder is full to the brim and ask them to try. I've been there and its worth a try. Wish you all the luck in the world that this little bean sticks and thrives. X

They should definitely be able to see externally now. Understand your concerns x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->