Internal Ultrasound

kristel_

Reaction score
I had a lot of pain last week all down my left side. I went to A&E and they wanted to check where the baby was to make sure it wasn't an ectopic. Because i'm early on they had to do an internal scan. The woman was pushing so hard on my cervix and it really hurt! When she had finished i was bleeding and she seemed concerned like it's not normal to bleed? I've had an internal scan before when i was diagnosed with pcos and i bled with that one too.

Yesterday the hospital phoned me and said i had an appointment that day for a colposcopy, i was already in work at this point so have rearranged. But i can't help but feel like they're making me worry for nothing. Everywhere i've read said it's common to bleed after an internal scan especially if you're pregnant. I find it hard to believe that after being butchered like that how can anyone not bleed? :shrug:

My question is who has had an internal scan and did it hurt and make you bleed?

I had one with a little spotting during, but nothing afterwards. I have however heard of several women having some spotting. Was your spotting or heavier?

Sounds like it's probably from the scan. Like you said.

I've had a few internal scans during pregnancy and have had spotting a couple of times. I was told to expect a little bleeding, it even said so in the 'what to expect' letter I was given after the scans. I found the internal scans painful each time. I hope all is ok wit your pregnancy :hugs:

I've had a few internal scans during pregnancy and have had spotting a couple of times. I was told to expect a little bleeding, it even said so in the 'what to expect' letter I was given after the scans. I found the internal scans painful each time. I hope all is ok wit your pregnancy :hugs:

Thanks, that's made me feel much better! I know it was the scan that caused the bleeding but the dr seemed really concerned that i was bleeding because of it! As if it's not meant to happen? I said it happened on the last one too and now she's sending me for tests and pap smears which my midwife advises against during pregnancy.

I got cramping and little bits of brown discharge which you could only notice when really paying attention to wiping

I freaked out to but then read it's very common to spot afterwards

Hope all ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"