Interstitial Cystitis and Pregnancy

willyandcourt

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has this condition and how have you been dealing with it during pregnancy. My last treatment was Aug '10, and I've been doing very well. However, the last couple of weeks have been not so good for me. I'm not sure if the bladder pain I'm feeling is from the IC or if it's pregnancy related. I'm going to the doc this afternoon to find out.

I have IC... Def not fun! I havent had a bad flare up since the very beginning of the pregnancy...knock on wood! I was told by my urologist that pregnancy helps relieve the symptoms! Best of luck!

Doc said I had a clot in my cervix causing the pain. Baby is fine, but I'm on bed rest for at least a week.

hope you get better soon and get off bedrest.

i have IC too but no issues yet. i am only 5+4 though.

I have IC as well! I was diagnosed a couple of years ago. Thankfully I've been able to pinpoint certain things that I drink/eat that set it off more and have been able to manage without needing treatments. For me I've noticed that drinking a lot of water helps the irritation a lot. The past couple of weeks I've been having a lot of discomfort with it, though! It's frustrating because I know UTI's are common in pregnancy and I can't tell the difference between a bladder infection and my IC.

Sorry to hear you all have this, too! It is definitely no fun.

There are definitely things that set it off for me particularly caffeinated drinks and alcohol, although I don't drink anymore and I'm guessing you aren't at the minute haha.

I hope you are feeling better soon hun and your clot clears up ok x

Hi!! Iv never been officially diagnosed with IC, mainly because my urologist was crap but I've been living with a "chronically inflamed" bladder for 10yrs. These days I hav mostly good days but am incredibly nervous as to how I'll cope with a constant pressure on my bladder! I pee enough as it is!! Plus I've had 3 UTIs in the last 4months, one that I'm pretty sure caused an early MC so I'm also desperate to avoid them too!
It's great to find others w a similar condition
Xx

CKJ: My OB/GYN diagnosed mine as he also specializes in urogynecology. It took several years to figure out what my problem was.

Clarina: You're right... no drinking for me :) unless it's good stuff: water, water, and more water haha

LuckyInLove: I've been able to pinpoint the triggers as well. However, right now some of the things I'm able to keep down are some of the things that will irritate my bladder. I'm told it should get better as the pregnancy progresses. We'll see....

CKJ: My OB/GYN diagnosed mine as he also specializes in urogynecology. It took several years to figure out what my problem was.

Clarina: You're right... no drinking for me :) unless it's good stuff: water, water, and more water haha

LuckyInLove: I've been able to pinpoint the triggers as well. However, right now some of the things I'm able to keep down are some of the things that will irritate my bladder. I'm told it should get better as the pregnancy progresses. We'll see....

I completely understand what you mean! I've had all day sickness for the past few weeks and have just now started drinking Ginger Ale. It seems to help my nausea but because of the carbonation it really irritates my bladder. I have to choose which one I'd rather deal with. And drinking a lot of water is what keeps my bladder feeling good but all that water is also making me queasy now. Lol. It's definitely a balancing act.

I'm lucky that so far any nausea has been v light as I know what u mean about triggers! Anything too acidic is out like orange juice, alcohol or even vinegar tho I do indulge in that on chips ;-) caffine is a general no, even decaf tea has to b kept to a minimum...I've never even touched a Red Bull...looking at the damn thing makes me want to pee LOL

Good luck ladies, will b interesting to see how we all get on!
Xx

So very glad to see this thread! I was diagnosed with IC just 6 months before getting pregnant (and about a year after my pain started). I absolutely CANNOT take a prenatal vitamin, as vitamins are one of my HUGE triggers. Ive heard that a lot of flare up in pregnancy are due to vitamin sensitivity, so it might be worth discontinuing your vitamin and enriching your diet to possibly ease your pain.

I have not had a flare up since the beginning of pregnancy, and even that one was brief. I was in remission thanks to some wonderful herbs I was taking, but they cannot be taken during pregnancy. The last couple of days I feel like Im fighting off some pain, but Im also really dehydrated from morning sickness so Im sure that is not helping.

I have IC too and mine flared up about week 12 and is still here. My doc says it is hormone sensitivity and should go when bubs is born...:( only another 18 weeks to go then. x x

I have IC too and mine flared up about week 12 and is still here. My doc says it is hormone sensitivity and should go when bubs is born...:( only another 18 weeks to go then. x x

Hey! :) Did your IC get better after your baby was born!? I have IC as well... and I know that it is very likely that I will have some flaring when I do get pregnant.. but I want to know if after that, things can return to normal!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->