introducing bottle of formula to BF baby

readynwilling

Jadyn & Tyler's Mom
Reaction score
Hi Girls :wave:

I have ebf J till now. She is pretty slow on the solids so is still only getting 1-2 tbsp per day of cereal/fruits/veggies. Basically milk is still 95% of her nutrition. I want to start to combi feed her for a couple of reasons:

1: im just ready to not nurse her 8-9 times a day (4 or 5 would be great!)
2: shes a very slow gainer and i worry constantly and think an added bottle of formula would help.
3: its easier when we are out to give her a bottle as i dont NIP

so im wondering what you guys think. she will accept a top up of Good Start formula on occasion, but thats expensive so i am trying a generic brand. she refuses the generic brand by itself so i've pumped and mixed 2 oz of formula with 2 oz of breast milk to try to get her to drink it. she has refused this for now too. but i can't nurse her for a bit, as the boobs are empty from pumping! Usually i need a 2.5hr stretch until they are good to go for another feed.

i know they say "if she's hungry enough she'll drink it" but i have to then wait till she's hungry enough!!!

Formula is only good out for 1hr! so if she refuses it i should dump it! but then im dumping 2oz of BM!! and i don't care im dumping the formula - thats only $$ the BM is what i don't want to dump... i can't just "make another bottle lickity split" the same as i can with formula.

I have read it formula could be re-refridgerated maybe?? but what about re-warmed?? i don't worry about the BM because i know its good out for 8 hrs and in the fridge for 5 days and i can warm it 2 or 3 times before i chuck it.

im gonna post the same over in the FF section to get their opinions - but wondered if any of you have had any experiences you could share that might help me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->