introducing myself :)

cluckerduckie

Husband and two boys
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I figured I'd find myself here sometime but didn't realize it would be now. A little back story of myself, I belong to February 2013 babies where I had a baby boy #2. I regrettably made the worst decision of my life after he was born and my birth control was depo provera. Has made me anovulatory for now going on 1.5 years after the birth. Was diagnosed pcos with anovulatory cycles and suffered a severe cyst that ruptured causing massive hemmoraging back in early February of this year. My husband and I are currently waiting to get my cycles back on track so we can try for our last baby/babies for 2016. We were looking into ivf however, we want to try naturally using Dr Shettles method for getting a girl.
Would like some input from other pcos suffers and what you do to track ovulation. Any tips on getting started?
:) thanks ladies.

welcome :flower:
i dont have pcos but to track ov i use temping and opks and check ewcm
good luck!

I use opks...but going now on wasting money as there isn't a single hint of a line and I test 2x a day.

I use opks...but going now on wasting money as there isn't a single hint of a line and I test 2x a day.

have you used the ones from ebay? and maybe you could just use 2 when you have ewcm? and use 1 every other day

I also have pcos and will be ttc in 2016. I don't usually track o unless ttc. But when I was I used cheapie opks from Amazon. I have heard opks don't always work with pcos but I have received a positive on my first clomid cycle that I got pregnant. Temping is probably the beat way but I cannot remember and I wake so much at night I doubt it is effective.

I'm not sure if i have pcos yet, I'm waiting on a Dr's appointment in a week to discuss results of a blood test which showed high testosterone. Currently i temp, use opks and check ewcm to track ovulation and log all my cycles on fertility friend. I have regular periods and all signs of ovulation but still worried i may have pcos due to high testosterone so will be pleased once I've seen the Dr and know one way or another. I will still continue to track the way I have been though. Using a cycle tracking app has really helped me get to know my body and i really recommend it.
You have my sympathy with depo provera, i was on it in my late teens and it made me put on almost 3 stone! Once I came off it i lost the extra weight but it took a good while for my periods to come back and be regular. But they did, and so will yours. Horrible bc method. Hope your body gets back to normal soon x

I also have pcos and will be ttc in 2016. I don't usually track o unless ttc. But when I was I used cheapie opks from Amazon. I have heard opks don't always work with pcos but I have received a positive on my first clomid cycle that I got pregnant. Temping is probably the beat way but I cannot remember and I wake so much at night I doubt it is effective.

I use the cheapies from Amazon. I do temp and have been since April of last year and I'm lucky if they shift -.02 or +.02. Doesn't really show much. :/

I'm not sure if i have pcos yet, I'm waiting on a Dr's appointment in a week to discuss results of a blood test which showed high testosterone. Currently i temp, use opks and check ewcm to track ovulation and log all my cycles on fertility friend. I have regular periods and all signs of ovulation but still worried i may have pcos due to high testosterone so will be pleased once I've seen the Dr and know one way or another. I will still continue to track the way I have been though. Using a cycle tracking app has really helped me get to know my body and i really recommend it.
You have my sympathy with depo provera, i was on it in my late teens and it made me put on almost 3 stone! Once I came off it i lost the extra weight but it took a good while for my periods to come back and be regular. But they did, and so will yours. Horrible bc method. Hope your body gets back to normal soon x

Depo was awful. I was unable to lose weight while on it. I have been off it for over a year now and I've lost 58 lb but still trying to figure out why I have yet to get a real period. All lab work has come back with a "high" normal range and Wednesday I go back to do more labs to go with medication on me getting ovulation back on track. I've never had issues before and I had very regular periods with ovulation pain prior. Now, just me missing my periods. :haha: never thought I'd say that I miss them.

Hello everyone!
I figured I'd find myself here sometime but didn't realize it would be now. A little back story of myself, I belong to February 2013 babies where I had a baby boy #2. I regrettably made the worst decision of my life after he was born and my birth control was depo provera. Has made me anovulatory for now going on 1.5 years after the birth. Was diagnosed pcos with anovulatory cycles and suffered a severe cyst that ruptured causing massive hemmoraging back in early February of this year. My husband and I are currently waiting to get my cycles back on track so we can try for our last baby/babies for 2016. We were looking into ivf however, we want to try naturally using Dr Shettles method for getting a girl.
Would like some input from other pcos suffers and what you do to track ovulation. Any tips on getting started?
:) thanks ladies.

Welcome. :flower: What does anovulatory mean?

Hello! I have pcos and what I did to track ovulation was temping and ovulation tests too :) Its so hard though when you dont know when or even if you'll O :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->