Introducing Ruby Anne Ward born at 36w 2ds

Lullaby2010

Mummy to Ruby
Reaction score
Hello all, as most of you know I've had a hell of a ride this pregnancy. After 3 losses, I discovered I was pregnant again in May 2009 and due to birth 16th January 2010.

Everything was great to start with, my epilepsy improved, skin glowed, next to no sickness or pregnancy symptoms of any kind really apart from stretchmarks at 14wks!! lol

I got dsp quite early on though and through non-referral to physio (my midwife was a bit pants to be honest) ended up in a wheelchair in October. My seizures returned with avengeance and I also got pre-eclampsia. I also got gestational diabetes. Then developed growths on my lady bits which my Doc said was bartholin abcsesses. I got booked for an induction to take place on January 4th 2010.

Well the pain got unbearable on Friday 18th and I ended up getting an ambulance, screaming in agony. At hospital I was placed on Morphine within an hour and was also using gas and air on top of it to get through physical examinations etc. I couldn't move without feeling like I was being ripped apart.

By the Monday the morphine was no longer working enough and my ladybits had three large swellings the size of tennis balls on!!

They tried to insert a catheter to bring relief from restricted movement but inside I was solid and I cannot describe the agony!! I was doped up on morphine, various other painkillers and gas and air, and I was still screaming so hard my throat was burning.

This prompted a second opinion from another doc and they realised that the swellings were caused by pooling blood, due to Ruby laying at a funny angle transverse and constricting my veins which was stopping the blood getting back up to my heart, hence the swellings and pain etc.

They said we'd need a c-section within a few days.

I was hooked up to a ctg for monitoring and they then said I'd need a c-section the next day. Unfortunately during the monitoring Ruby started showing signs of distress and her heartrate suddenly began to plummet. They said we'd have to get her out straight away.

H2b got back to the hospital just in time for me to start having epidural done. At this point I'd also gone into spontaneous labour so the epidural was incredibly hard to sit through with all the other pain I was already in.

The relief from the epidural when it finally kicked in was amazing!!

The section itself is a bit of a blur, they had trouble getting her out, but she was finally born to to the song A Night To Remember at 21.57 on Monday 21st December weighing 8lbs 3oz.

We found out afterwards that during the ctg I'd had a complete placental abruption.

Following the birth, the swelling have disappeared, my dsp is gradually getting better, diabetes seems to have gone, but oedema in my legs is still really bad and I'm having real probs with constipation due to so many painkillers.

Anyway, I was able to bring Ruby home on Christmas Eve, and I still can't believe I'm a mum now!! She's such a good and contented baby.

I really wanted to breastfeed her and have tried so ard but I'm not even producing colostrum yet which is apparently normal for traumatic pregnancy/birth, and now she's got used to the formula from a bottle so as each day passes the chances of switching to breastfeeding gets lower and lower.

Anyway here's my baby girl, Ruby Anne Ward, my miracle, my sweetheart, my whole world xxx

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 48
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 76
Aww congrats hunny!! what a tramatic time you have had but your little girl is absolutley gorgeous!!! well done you!!! xxxxx

AWW Lullaby i am so happy for you. you are such a brave person and you have been through so much. i hope that things will start settling down for you now and you can enjoy your new life with the gorgeous little Ruby xxx

Gorgeous little girl u have there hunny, huge congratulations xxx

sounds like a traumatic birth, but all in all, your little one is sooo cute. congratulations.

congrats, so pleased ur all home safe now, sounds like a terrible experiance!! BUt shes gorgeous!! Well done :) xx

Sounds like you've had a terrible time but looks like it's all been worth it, she's gorgeous and you sound so happy. Many congrats xx

Well done and Congratulations. Shes Beautiful xx

Congratulations and WOW what a size for 36 weeks! Well done sweetie, glad to see most things are fading, and I'm sure your odeama will dispear really soon.I think mine took a couple of weeks after my sons birth and was up to my nees.

congrats and welcome to the world ruby!

Sounds like an awful experience honey. Glad you're both ok though. She's gorgeous! Congratulations! xx

Thanks all, I can't believe she's a week old today already!!

My milk only just started coming in, I'd like to breast feed but she's getting so frustrated trying and I end up in tears seeing her like that. I'm trying to express instead but I'm getting literally a drop in the space of half an hour!! :cry:

Thanks all, I can't believe she's a week old today already!!

My milk only just started coming in, I'd like to breast feed but she's getting so frustrated trying and I end up in tears seeing her like that. I'm trying to express instead but I'm getting literally a drop in the space of half an hour!! :cry:

I had the same problem and had to ff in the end. Its so frustrating and upsetting when you've set your heart on it tho. My milk never really came in at all. Good luck with it xx :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->