Introduction... ttc #2

Farrahsmommy

Reaction score
Hello we have been trying for 10 months now for No. 2. I went in yesterday and got the day 3 blood test done. My period has always been irregular. Still not sure how/when we got pregnant with our first. (took only 5 months surprisingly) I am 32, DH is 35. Baby is now 17 months :) Super busy and I would love to give her a sibling!

My cycles have been averaging 42-47 days. This last cycle was 75 days! I am an avid runner. I did a 13.1 race in August and one last weekend. I was running just as much when I got pregnant the first time so my obgyn does not think that is the problem. Waiting for the results to see what our next step is...
Also I started taking Vitex and Saw Palmetto about 3 weeks ago. Hoping to ovulate and conceive naturally!

Hi there! Secondary infertility is soooooo frustrating because you never see it coming! What tests did your obgyn do? Hope your tests come back normal and you conceive soon!

They ran a test on all my hormone levels and everything is normal! Good news I suppose, but does not explain why I can't ovulate regularly?! They are checking one more thing, something to do with my ovary functions. I get that test back in a week. Not sure what the next step is.

Thanks for the update! On one hand, it's nice that so far things are looking normal, but on the other hand, you just want answers! Cheering for you, GL. <3

Also, your LO in your avatar photo is adorable!

Hello we have been trying for 10 months now for No. 2. I went in yesterday and got the day 3 blood test done. My period has always been irregular. Still not sure how/when we got pregnant with our first. (took only 5 months surprisingly) I am 32, DH is 35. Baby is now 17 months :) Super busy and I would love to give her a sibling!

My cycles have been averaging 42-47 days. This last cycle was 75 days! I am an avid runner. I did a 13.1 race in August and one last weekend. I was running just as much when I got pregnant the first time so my obgyn does not think that is the problem. Waiting for the results to see what our next step is...
Also I started taking Vitex and Saw Palmetto about 3 weeks ago. Hoping to ovulate and conceive naturally!

Hi,

I am 32 too and my DH will be 35 soon.. Its been a year since we started to try. My periods have always been irregular > 44 days and I had found I had Hashimoto's thyroiditis with my first one. My DS we conceived the first cycle itself before even treating my thyroid problem! My TSH levels are normal these days but its been no use except for keeping me warm. :haha:

I went to the OB GYN on Monday and she prescribed Clomid without running any tests. I looked up Clomid and found that it used to be prescribed to treat irregular periods. When it was realized that women undergoing treatment had higher than expected pregnancy rates, it was then applied to treatment of anovulation.

My next period will only be around Nov 11th so I need to wait nearly a month before I can even take Clomid. So I google Clomid at least once every day! :blush:

A small part of me even now hopes that this month would be the month and I wouldn't need to take Clomid!

Sigh!!

Hello! I'm 30 and dh is 35. We have been ttc for almost 2 years and all tests came back good. Frustrating because it doesn't give answers but good because nothing is "wrong." This is month 6 on clomid, 2 with trigger, and last for medicated. I don't want to do iui or ivf so I guess we will see.

Pirate make sure you have your tsh checked once you go on clomid. I just happened to have my routine check done about 2 weeks after my first round of clomid (after my tsh were fine for over a year) and my tsh came back high. The doctor bumped me up and I am fine now, but he did say that clomid can mess with your tsh levels. I researched it and it said that the receptors that the clomid blocks to raise estrogen are the same ones your tyroid uses to decide how much tsh to make.

Thanks for the info Overwhelmed! That is very useful to know. When I go in to get the ovulation blood test done, I'll test my TSH as well.

Did you take the Clomid in the morning with Levothyroxine or at different times? I have been reading that it doesn't interact for all people.. I started taking Clomid last night. Levothyroxine in the mornings.

Praying that you get your BFP soon!

Hello! I'm 30 and dh is 35. We have been ttc for almost 2 years and all tests came back good. Frustrating because it doesn't give answers but good because nothing is "wrong." This is month 6 on clomid, 2 with trigger, and last for medicated. I don't want to do iui or ivf so I guess we will see.

Pirate make sure you have your tsh checked once you go on clomid. I just happened to have my routine check done about 2 weeks after my first round of clomid (after my tsh were fine for over a year) and my tsh came back high. The doctor bumped me up and I am fine now, but he did say that clomid can mess with your tsh levels. I researched it and it said that the receptors that the clomid blocks to raise estrogen are the same ones your tyroid uses to decide how much tsh to make.

I'm on armor, which is a natural tyroid. I took them both at the same time. Doc said it wouldn't make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->