Invited to party

MissRhead

Reaction score
My LO got invited to a party at school today, I don't know the child I don't know anyone at the nursery but anyway it's on Friday, what preasent should I get any ideas?! I'm pretty sure it's a boy from the name but what if it isn't and I buy a boys toy or something? My son gets mixed up with the names so he isn't sure. Also I'm pretty nervous about going alone, what if nobody talks to me, do the adults all sit together?? It's at like a little play barn.
I have no idea what goes on at kids party's tbh! On the other hand I am very excited for him and so happy he has so many friends at nursery :happydance:

I swear...can't go wrong with Lego.

My LO has this and I'm getting it for his friend for her birthday at the weekend. He loves it! https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Brick...UTF8&qid=1381255628&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+farm

book or arts & crafts stuff always go down well to?

Yeh I was gonna say colouring set - thats for boys and girls, and kids cant have to much cause they always ruin them before they run out lmao

I usually do a box of craft stuff - I get a big-ish plastic food box (they tend to be cheaper than the ones for paper) and fill it with craft stuff from the supermarket/Wilko. Stickers, glue, tissue paper, crayons, glitter, sequins, lolly sticks, pipe cleaners, pompoms etc. I've never spent more than a tenner and they always get a big stuffed full of stuff my kids would love.

At the parties we've been to, some of the parents chat, some don't. The kids tend to keep coming back to their parents anyway so you're not on your own for very long if you don't want to talk, but there are always other parents who don't know anybody so you can talk to them if you want :)

Jigsaw hands down every time!! Get 'toy story' 'memo' or some such other Disney themed one which is unisex - red wrapping paper and a Mickey Mouse card - boy or girl or matters not :)

If it's like a soft play then usually there is a table for parents.

Have fun!! And keep the invitation for your memory box 'first party invitation' xx

PPs all had good ideas. Play-Doh is good, too, although some parents are funny about it. And a general Disney themed wrap is always safe :)

DS also has his first party invite. Lego sounds a good bet to me, what's the average you'd spend on a gift for them to take? I was thinking £10-£12 does that sound about right?

DS also has his first party invite. Lego sounds a good bet to me, what's the average you'd spend on a gift for them to take? I was thinking £10-£12 does that sound about right?

I spend a fiver!! That seems about the level we have always received too.

Ps stock up!! We are on our fourth party invite since term started!! Obviously I send two presents as they have invited two of my boys so that's a lot of presents!!

I spend $10 for kids I don't know and a bit more for those I do

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I've got a big craft set and with card and wrapping stuff it cost about 7 pound I didn't want to spend to much.
I think to much about things so I like to know before hand what I will do or I get abit stressy but I guess I got to have to just go and do what everyone else does lol.
Also deffo saving the invite! Thanks again girls x

I've bought a few multi packs of books from The Book People. I've got a Gruffalo set that is £10 for a pack of 10 but the individual books have the full price printed on the back of them. They do a really nice bumper box of children's birthday cards that work out really cheap per card and are brilliant quality too.
There's no way I could afford to spend £5 for every child. I have a big group of friends and most of us have moved onto our second child so that's a lot of money when you add up all the birthdays!

I spend no more that about £8 but cheaper if I can! I usually go to tkmax where all the toys are reduced to get more for my money! We're at a party almost every weekend at the moment and it's becoming rather expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->