iPhone 4 problems

blinkybaby

Reaction score
Hey guys, having major problems and wondering if anyone could help!

I upgraded to a new iPhone 4 on the 25th October. Since I got the bloody phone it's been nothing but trouble. It keeps dropping signal, I know it's the phone because I can put the sim in my old phone and the signal is fine.

The only way to fix the phone and get signal back is to restore the phone, and I've had to do this every couple of days since I got it, sometimes every day, sometimes more than once a day, it's infuriating!

Apple "fixed" it for me today (had to take it to one of their stores) and surprise surprise, it's not fixed. In fact it's worse, now restoring the phone does not fix the problem, and after trying more than once it is stuck in recovery mode now and won't restore due to an unknown error. Now I'm stuck.

Currently hating Apple and wanting to smash the damn thing against the wall!

Any help greatly appreciated - anyone else had a similar problem of dropping signal intermittently and not being able to get it back without restoring the phone?

xxx

If your phone is giving you that much issue I'd go in and flat out tell them you want a new one. I heard that the iphone 4 was bad for dropping signal, but I would make a fuss and make them give you a new one. Apple is good for that usually.

Yeah all my friends have said they were surprised they tried to fix it instead of just replacing it for me. They've made it worse anyway, not even restoring it brings back the signal now. It's just a hassle as they are quite far away from me, Brighton is almost an hours drive from where I live.

I'll get onto them tomorrow.

Sorry I can't help but my OH's keeps losing signal so I'll go and tell him up get it looked at tomorrow!

Hope you can get a new one

Well got another appointment tomorrow at the store and I'm not leaving til they replace it for me LOL xx

Mine used to drop signal alot untill i put a bumper case on it. It works perfectly now, although I doubt thats whats up with yours or apple would have recommemded that.

Apple are normally good, I got mine replaced when my home key stopped responding, I also had to travel 70 miles to nearest apple store in meadowhall, pain in the ass isnt it.

Mine used to drop signal alot untill i put a bumper case on it. It works perfectly now, although I doubt thats whats up with yours or apple would have recommemded that.

Apple are normally good, I got mine replaced when my home key stopped responding, I also had to travel 70 miles to nearest apple store in meadowhall, pain in the ass isnt it.

What's a bumper case?
xx

Go back with it to an Apple store and don't leave until your phone is fixed. Otherwise, make a complaint at the local Authority For Consumer Protection.

What's a bumper case?
xx

Its a case that just goes round the edge of your phone, so you can still see the front and back but the sides are covered. The dropping of signal is linked to holding the silver bit around the phone, so the bumper stops you touching it.

My drops out a lot. Internet mainly. Ive never had to restore it though. Just takes a little while to come back on. :shrug: they had a massive problem with the last update and the battery had problems and so did signal. The new update didnt fix it at all so hoping they come up with a solution.

I had a 3G before this and although it was slow it very rarely dropped out of signal or internet connection..

I have a 4s so I already had IOS5 software.. Battery life is dreadful.

Oh and I recommend a bumper case. I have a Griffin one.. Apple sell them in store but you can pick them up for cheaper than that

Who did you upgrade with? Maybe give them a call?

I have a griffin bumper case aswell, it helped my problems although they wernt as bad as yours

Yeah guys, thank you all so much - went to my local genuis bar and didn;t leave until they replaced it! To be fair, when they realised I'd already been once adnd the issue was worse, they offered to replace it straight away with no hassle. And touch wood it's been perfect every since.xxx

I had the same issue a few weeks ago - no signal (could not even find my network)

I just switched the phone off and back on again. Seems to be ok now although I have loads of issues with my home button. I always laugh at my OH when she can't get back to the home screen cos she isn't pressing the button hard enough! :dohh:

By the way, were you within warranty? I have insurance but I can't be bothered paying the excess if I can just take my iPhone to Apple and get them to replace or fix it!

Yeah I only upgraded on 27th October and it hadn't worked right from the start so they were happy to replace it with no bother.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->