iron tablets

tink30

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

just had to collect iron tablets after my bloods last week.. i heard this is really normal in pregnancy? can the lack of iron affect the baby?
Ive got terrible constipation sorry tmi.. and ive been taking meds.. so hope this aint gunna make it worse..

It's more about you and your energy levels. The baby takes whatever they need first and they do take a lot of your iron, which leaves you extremely tired. I got extra iron also and it helped a lot with tiredness. Really makes a difference to how you feel.

i have been taking feosol which is a pure form of iron and is supposed to be gentle on the tummy for a few months now and they really do make a difference. i have been off work the past 4 days and havent taken it and today i can barely keep my eyes open.

I was also just put on iron tabs. I've always been on and off with low iron, usually controlled by diet. Dr says if I wasnt pregnant he wouldnt care, but they want your blood nice and healthy for delivery too.

My doc just told me to take an iron supplement every other day with my prenatal because my levels were just a touch under the minimum they like for their patients. Sad, because I am on a prenatal with extra iron already because of my low levels early on! They just want my iron to be at a decent level now for the sake of my energy and they said it would be best to bring it up a bit before delivery. I just nod and do what they tell me! =)

im on iron tablets again i fully expected to be since i was severely anemic with ds2, it doesnt really affect baby ( well not mine at least ) one of the issues can be low birthweight for baby but since ds2 was 10lb 12oz then i wouldnt mind this one being a little smaller tbh

thanks everyone..thats helped alot :) hope you are all feeling ok and have your energy back xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"