Irrational fears!

I've been constipated like crazy this pregnancy. And worst timing - my poop decided it wanted to come while I was at work this afternoon. I quickly went in the bathroom but it just wouldn't come, even though it wanted to!! I was getting really stressed because I needed to hurry.

Anyway, sat there for 10 minutes and nothing! So I went and told the lady I was working with that I had stomach ache & had to walk down to Target and use their bathroom. It was AMAZING.

But still. Such bad timing and so so painful :( :(

Okay, this might sound really weird and obviously tmi because we're discussing poop...

But when it's just there and wants to come out but you can't get it out, what I found helps sometimes is to lean different ways while on the toilet. Like lean left, to the right, forward, back, etc. Like different rotations. For some reason (for me) that seems to help kind of work or guide it out. It might not get it all, but it gets some, and I think it kind of helps relieve the pressure of having to bear down so much as well. I think it makes the whole process go a little smoother.

I can't believe I'm posting this. :haha:

Hahahaha I know exactly what you are talking about! But this one was stuck like right up there!!

My irrational fear is that DH will forget to close the door one day and we won't know and the baby will barrel down the drive way and get ran over o_O

Only have this fear because DH has accidentally not shut the door all th eway and all three of our pets (two dogs and cat) have gotten out and ran rampant.

Also scared when I poo because sometimes it hurts and it makes me scared for baby.

the irrational fears start after birth lol... I had full blown panic attack just going to the toilet alone

I litrally planned everything - what if a lorry crashes through the house, what if a pack of rabid dogs some how attack us, what if murders break in, house fire and/or rouge fireworks and many, mant, more... I knew EVERY baby sized hiding place in my old house I case I ever needed to hide him from danger lol

hopefully it wont be as bad this time round

Since everyone is in full talkin mode about pooping lol the last 2 days when I've gone it's been a little uncomfortable an then I have spotting / bleeding from my vagina... Is there something wrong with me ?

I hope not lucy lol. Cause this am after I bm'ed I had a wee bit of blood from my tooshie.

I think my fears about one of us dying are rational but probably uncalled for. I mean, what's more certain than death, right? :/

nicem, we do have a strong support system. I even have a parent offering to move out of their house to give it to us but that would mean giving up everything we have here now - like jobs and insurance. It's hard to weigh the pros and cons since you can't really put a weight on family support! We're gonna try to tough it out though. We'll consider moving after baby is born...I'd love to have my kid grow up on the beach like I did :)

I have fears about us dying, too. I have always been an anxious person and these things get stuck in my head...which is why I try to avoid horror movies or Lifetime movies so I don't obsess lol!!

I'm glad you have a strong support system!! A beach baby would be fun :) My husband's family lives near the beach in Texas (about an hour away) and we plan on taking trips there, God willing! I loved it there. I loved the beach when I was a little one and can't wait to have our little one experience that,too!! I know things will work out for you!!

I've been constipated like crazy this pregnancy. And worst timing - my poop decided it wanted to come while I was at work this afternoon. I quickly went in the bathroom but it just wouldn't come, even though it wanted to!! I was getting really stressed because I needed to hurry.

Anyway, sat there for 10 minutes and nothing! So I went and told the lady I was working with that I had stomach ache & had to walk down to Target and use their bathroom. It was AMAZING.

But still. Such bad timing and so so painful :( :(

So do you think it was the walk that helped or using a bathroom outside of work? I have major issues pooping at work because I get terrified that people will hear me or I will accidentally fart really loud and then KNOW people were silently laughing!! I do much better at home or in a bathroom where it obviously has a good sound barrier lol

I didn't have any irrational fears, but now after reading all these I'm starting to get them! haha

Spunky - I don't knooow. I wasn't going to say anything because it's gross and I didn't want to freak anyone out. I was constipated once for a while. Almost went to the doctor while. When it finally out, let's just say it was unpleasant on many levels and now if I don't poop regularly I get a recurring hemorrhoid hahaha. SORRY!

Also, I don't know if she is in the same boat as me. I'm on a temporary contract (yearly). The earliest I could move to probationary would have been next year; my principal could have petitioned to have my status changed from temp to probationary in December and I could finish the year with tenure IF she really likes me. On the flip side, they can't fire you over a pregnancy. But if HR doesn't like it and doesn't approve her request or even just to rehire me, they don't have to offer me another contract. Technically, she doesn't have to offer me a contract for next year but I'm pretty sure she will based off of her feedback.

Oh I've had some pretty bad times myself! After my csection with DD, I refused the suppository (I have bowel shyness lol). Biggest mistake ever. It was 6 days later. I almost had to go to the hospital :blush: Not making that mistake again! As long as everything progresses, I'm asking my midwife what I can take to help!

That's scary about the job! I didn't know they could do that. How long does it take to be eligible for tenure? I know a couple of teachers, but I don't know all of the ins and outs of it.

Where I worked, I just had to be there a year to be eligible for FMLA (I was already there several years though). When I transferred offices, there was a girl who was there that was pregnant and a temp. She was there, I think for several months. Another girl started at the same time as her. The other girl was given a permanent position, and the one pregnant wasn't. So when she had her baby, she wasn't able to come back. Obviously nobody knows for sure the details, but everyone thought it was strange.

Only replying to spunky first because field trip day and have a 7:15 meeting. :)

It depends on the district. Usually 2-5 years.
My first district was two years of temporary and two years on probation . If the principal liked you and had good evidence from your evals, they could switch you from temp to probationary your second year. So earliest is 3 years.
My second school district immediately hires you on a two year probationary contract.
My current district is similar to the first, but the HR woman said if my principal is just in love with me then she could have me tenured at the end of my second year.

Spunky - I don't knooow. I wasn't going to say anything because it's gross and I didn't want to freak anyone out. I was constipated once for a while. Almost went to the doctor while. When it finally out, let's just say it was unpleasant on many levels and now if I don't poop regularly I get a recurring hemorrhoid hahaha. SORRY!

Also, I don't know if she is in the same boat as me. I'm on a temporary contract (yearly). The earliest I could move to probationary would have been next year; my principal could have petitioned to have my status changed from temp to probationary in December and I could finish the year with tenure IF she really likes me. On the flip side, they can't fire you over a pregnancy. But if HR doesn't like it and doesn't approve her request or even just to rehire me, they don't have to offer me another contract. Technically, she doesn't have to offer me a contract for next year but I'm pretty sure she will based off of her feedback.

Oh I've had some pretty bad times myself! After my csection with DD, I refused the suppository (I have bowel shyness lol). Biggest mistake ever. It was 6 days later. I almost had to go to the hospital :blush: Not making that mistake again! As long as everything progresses, I'm asking my midwife what I can take to help!

That's scary about the job! I didn't know they could do that. How long does it take to be eligible for tenure? I know a couple of teachers, but I don't know all of the ins and outs of it.

Where I worked, I just had to be there a year to be eligible for FMLA (I was already there several years though). When I transferred offices, there was a girl who was there that was pregnant and a temp. She was there, I think for several months. Another girl started at the same time as her. The other girl was given a permanent position, and the one pregnant wasn't. So when she had her baby, she wasn't able to come back. Obviously nobody knows for sure the details, but everyone thought it was strange.

That's why it is a somewhat irrational fear for me.... I am on a permanent continuing contract and would like to think I do well (my division has videotaped me teaching to use as examples for other teachers) but I just started in this division and we have a 2 year probationary period. I know my principal would likely take the news well because he's a great guy but I also know that another teacher is going on Mat leave in March and another is retiring this year (we don't have a lot of staff as is) so I feel like I am letting him down in a sense and that he'll be disappointed.

Also, the teacher retiring will very likely be replaced by a colleague's wife and they can switch grade assignments however they like so for some reason I have this super irrational paranoia that she'll say she wants my grade and I'll be reassigned. I realize the chance of that is like 1% but I can't get the thought out of my head. Lol

I did Know someone in my old division that went on mat leave, was on a permanent contract, got the mat leave extended for some reason and the school gave her position to a friend of mine and that friend has now signed a permanent contract. So, I think that's where that paranoia sprouts from but I also know that it was a really weird situation.

I just read page three and laughed so hard I have a new irrational fear of laughing too hard r_r You are all too hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"