Irrational pregnant rant??

Hb.x

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I need a bit of advice. Me and OH have been together for 3 years, and are due our first LO in December :happydance:. As much as I love him, he is 28 going on 12 haha!! Anyway, we have 5 weddings next year, which I am stressing out about for financial reasons. I will be on maternity leave (£137 per week) rather than full time wages. I will be staying at home with LO so no child care costs, however am stressing about one income. Not just because we have 5 weddings, but we also are in the process if buying a house, paying for our own wedding and providing for our baby.

Butttt OH has just announced he has just booked a stag do abroad (Ibiza), which has costs £500 for A WEEK, therefore will need to save £1000 spending money.

I am fuming, because he doesn't seem to understand that we can't really afford it and our child should come first!! The thing that annoys me most is that he IS BEST MAN at this wedding, therefore he planned it :dohh::growlmad:.

Grrrrr I'm so stressed about this!! I am conscious that this is very likely raging hormones that are getting to me, but does this seem crazy to anyone else? How would you deal with this situation? I think I'll just need to deal with it, but my goddddd how immature!!

Sorry for such a long rant ladies, but if anyone has any advice at all I'd really appreciate it, even if it is to tell me I'm crazy lol!!

I don't think you're being irrational- that's a heck of a lot of money to spend on a stag do! I'd be pretty mad with that. What do the other stags and their partners think of the cost of it? Times are hard for everyone and you and your partner might find that others can't afford it without saving for their own weddings or reduced pay from maternity leave. I think you need to have a word with him and maybe the other stags or partners to get their thoughts.

I agree - crazy amount of money!! The others don't seem bothered, none of them have babies (only another 2 of them have kids who are both school age) and as for partners, very few even have partners.

He thinks I'm being silly, the other thing is that the others don't even know where they are going, they wont find out until they get to the airport so I can't even speak to them about it. I'm just really angry, I think he should have really discussed this with me before taking off for a week!!:dohh:

Well you're not being silly at all- it sounds harsh but I think he is and also selfish for not discussing it with you. £1500 for one week away and peeing that money up the wall is crazy. You both have to make sacrifices when a baby comes along and he could have planned a much cheaper stag do and still gone and had a good time. I doubt that you'll be going on a £1500 girly holiday for some time.

You should ask him how he would feel if you spent that money on a spa weekend or something. I don't know if that would put things in perspective but maybe if he saw how the shoe fit on the other foot, so to speak, he would realize that you aren't being silly.

I agree - definitely selfish!! He said he never thought about the money part, which tbh is partly my fault as I deal with all our finances so he really doesn't have a clue - money to him is nothing. The best part of that is - he is a manager in a BANK!!!

I highly doubt I'll be going anywhere for a longgggg time, but there is no way I'll be going to any of these hen do's because I don't think I'll want to leave my baby! Although I am considering a weekend in Liverpool IF I have the money and IF I am comfortable leaving my baby (which I doubt).

He claims if it was the other way about he wouldn't mind, he would just ask our mums to help with the baby. Wtf, it is his child too, yet I'm expected to look after the baby no problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"