• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

irregular cycles rant

Autumnflower

Reaction score
Okay today is a bad day. I'm mostly just mad at myself. I'm currently on CD 37, no AF. For years I've had pretty average cycle lengths 30-32 days. Then in the last few months my body had betrayed me... My last cycle was 28 days and the cycle before that was 39(which until today I thought was 36 days)...thats right....I can't count days on a calendar. I'm not using temping or opks so its hard to establish when o day is to begin with and because I thought my longest cycle was 36 days I naturally tested yesterday (the day of my missed period) and got bfn. I was depressed and started counting old cycles and realized it was actually 39 days... So I'm pretty sure I missed my ovulation day by a week!!! AF hasn't showed yet but she might as well have. I know I'm not pregnant.. Stupid me for not using opks and temping. I thought that I could pull pregnancy off without them. I really wanted to be one of those couples that just has fun and a miracle happens.... especially since practically every female I know just recently got pregnant. So now I'm kicking myself for wasting the last six months just because of my own pride. I can't help but wonder if I had temp and opk'd this whole time I may have timed bd better and been pregnant by now. I know I shouldn't think like that but I do. Why is it every single person in my family is super pregnant like every day of their life and I can't even do it once? Isn't good fertility somewhat genetic...like cmon!!!!!! *shakes fist*

Don't beat yourself up hun. I was kind of in the same boat, i did about 6 months no temping and just hoping it would happen. I knew i had long periods but didn't realise how irregular until i started temping. I have a 34 day average cycle, my shortest being 29 and the longest was 41 days.

Temping and opk is great for long and irregular cycles. it's really helped me.

Thanks! I honestly should have started months ago but like a lot of women just assumed I'd instantly get pregnant. If only I'd known better lol

Don't beat yourself up. Six months (while it feels an eternity to you right now) is not a long time to be trying. Up to a year is normal (if no success by that stage then yes, probably visit dr).

I think your best bet would probably be to have sex every 2-3 days from when your period ends until it comes back again. That way you won't miss 'o'. That's how we got DS2 :D I have irregular cycles and PCOS which means OPKs don't work well for me.

Hope you get your BFP soon.

dont beat yourself up :) honestly, i wish i hadnt started temping or taking opks. i got pregnant with DD by accident...we were just DTDing every day...often more than once a day lol and she just happened.
trying for number 2 for almost 2 years now, and it feels like a job. we time sex, we plan it and it's taken most of the excitement and fun out of it lol.

i've literally written this month off. i'm starting the clearblue clinical trial next cycle so this cycle im just..having fun...and we've already DTDed more than a normal cycle!

i also have irregular cycles. they average around 33 days, but the shortest has been 19 days and the longest has been 69. so i know just how frustrating it can be.

good luck :) i hope you get your bfp soon!

I'm right there with you, lady! My MIL has been pressuring us to get pregnant since we got married five years ago, and she always says, "I just hope when you DO try that you don't have any problems..." And now that we've been trying for several months it feels like she cursed us or something! And all my brothers-in-law pretty much just LOOK at their wives and they get pregnant! No fair!
But I say that those of us that have to work harder and try longer will just appreciate it that much more when it happens. So hang in there, you're not alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"