Irregular periods after my baby. Anyone else?

Proud_Mommy

Reaction score
Hi ladies:flower:
I had my son in January and got my 1st period march 1st, then April 15th, May 7th spotted for a week and May 14th got my period. Its july 2nd and nothing since! I took about 6-7 tests including one this morning and theyre all negative. I am not breastfeeding either. Has anyone experienced this?? I called my doctor and the nurse told me that its pretty normal for periods to be irregular after birth from the hormones and that they can be conrtoled if I go on the pill. Im still deciding between paraguard IUD or a low dose pill since I dont do well taking birth control with hormones.
I have never wanted to get my period this bad :haha::shrug:

I'm the same, my first period lasted 9 weeks, then I took the pill so that one was on time, I then decided I didn't want to take the pill, and they've been irregular ever since. When I was TTC I was very regular every 28 days, I'm now on day 32 and nothing, I too took a test today, and negative. I'm also now thinking about going back on the pill, but don't know weather to wait for my periods to be regular again first.

I was like clockwork when ttc, every 28 days. I had my daughter in October 2011 and the first few were every 28 days but since march they've been all over the place and I've gone as long as 38 days. Doc has said its totally normal after having a baby. Xx

Its normal :) I've only had 3 periods since having mollie 14 months ago and I'm defiantly not pregnant :) xx

Its normal :) I've only had 3 periods since having mollie 14 months ago and I'm defiantly not pregnant :) xx

Do you or have you breastfed her? I know breastfeeding can delay your period but im not bfing..

Wow 3 periods in 14 months thats crazy and here I am making an issue of missing one month lol. I did get some spotting around the time when AF was due and it lasted for about 3v days but it was brownish.. Ill count it as a period I guess because the one before was heavy for like 2 weeks. Its crazy what hormones do to our bodies even after birth

Oh yeah its driven me crazy I kept testing and testing but then gave up and it would appear a couple of months later. Oh well hoping one day it will sort itself out! Xx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->