• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Irregular Periods and Vitex

eb9316

Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is my first post, so I am pretty excited to see everyone's responses and hopefully connect with a few of you. So, here is my story:

I was on birth control for 7 years. When I got off of birth control, I didn't have a period for almost 1 year. Now my cycles range from 35 days to 72 days. When I got off birth control, which was about 3 years ago, my (now husband) boyfriend and I weren't trying, but weren't preventing. This is pretty much how it has been until I tried Clomid last October to officially start trying.

When I was on Clomid I finally got a positive OPK, which was super exciting since I've never gotten one before. I told my husband the exciting news and he got nervous when we were trying to conceive and not much happened. After 3 rounds of Clomid, my Dr. thought it was best to give it a rest and was going to refer me to a reproductive endocrinologist.

I decided to go to another Dr. who had me get a transvaginal ultrasound and everything was completely normal. She prescribed me Clomid again. However, I chose not to take it quite yet. On day 1 of my period, I started taking Vitex, B-Complex, Magnesium, and Prenatal Vitamins. After 2 weeks, on CD13, I started spotting. Then on CD14 I got my period, which lasted 3-4 days. I thought this was strange, but my hope is that Vitex is working and might be kicking in to regulate my body.

What are your thoughts? I am very hopeful for this month and I am hoping my issue is just due to irregular periods, causing a lack of ovulation. If so, I hope the Vitex will make me another success story.

Please share any thoughts, advice, success stories, ANYTHING!

THANK YOU :)

I have been taking vitex for the last 2 months as per advice from a naturopath due to a luteal phase defect and high fsh.
So far it has helped my luteal phase by 1 day and I'm going to see if it helps me this month at all. Of it doesn't I have a prescription for femara that I will probably take instead of the vitex.

With that being said vitex is great for irregular periods or cycle issues of that sort (even with luteal phase defects in my case). My naturopath highly recommends it and it should be taken all cycle. The brand I would go with is Thompson's (it's very high quality aND gives you 1000mg vitex/day).
Keep in mind though vitex generally takes 3-6 months to really work its magic so give it time!

Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"