Irregular periods and WTT

Fraggle

Reaction score
Hi, Im still new to this forum so sorry if there has been a post about this before.

Me and hubby have decided to start TTC but I suffer from ireegular periods and am worried how this will affect my chances of getting pregnant. I have been referred to the hospital to get this under control and they have put me on Provera tablets to regulate the :witch: but told me NOT to get pregnant on these tablets. Im just worried that 1. these tablets will mess up my body if I cant get pregnant whilst on them and 2. that the irregular bleeding will never go away so I cant chart my cycles properly.

I am also overweight and know I have to lose weight to increase my chances of a :bfp:

Has anyone else had/have problems like these?

Any stories/advice would be appreciated x

Hi there,

I too have irregular periods (from 28-46 days).

I came off the pill last year (August) and starting TTC since June and conceived in August.

I didnt go to the Dr about my irregular periods as I didnt think there was an underlying factor, I just thought this was the way they are.

So Im sorry but cant comment on the pills.

I keep track of when I had my period, but even with that you cannot really successfully tell when you will ovulate, as one month may be different to the next.

I did however try the ovulation calculators online to try and get some kind of date for when to really start trying.

I did pay alot of attention to my CV (cervical mucus, sorry if you already know what that stood for ;))... so every time I saw more of this and especially the eggs whites then we would go for it....

I would try this, as well as even baby making 3 times a week throughout your cycle, after your period has finished so that you can increase your chances.

Failing this, if you become very impatient a friend of mine swore by ovulation sticks, these can be really expensive especially when you have irregular periods and will use alot of them. You can buy them in bulk on eBay and I've been told they work just as well... so you can try this also and when you get t 2 bright lines then you know its time to start trying.

Hope this helps. Email me if you want any more advice and I will try and help :)

:hug::hugs:

thanks v much for the advice :) I do get very impatient - its difficult to know when a cycle is due - I just worry I wont know when to test as they are so irregular! My friend has mentioned ovulation sticks as she gets through loads - guess I am too scared to do them in case I dont ovulate very often so will be harder to fall pregnant! I have been assured by my GP that people with irregular periods can fall too so keeping everything crossed it will happen for me too! :baby:

thanks v much for the advice :) I do get very impatient - its difficult to know when a cycle is due - I just worry I wont know when to test as they are so irregular! My friend has mentioned ovulation sticks as she gets through loads - guess I am too scared to do them in case I dont ovulate very often so will be harder to fall pregnant! I have been assured by my GP that people with irregular periods can fall too so keeping everything crossed it will happen for me too! :baby:

For sure it will happen ;)

Yes with irregular periods it can be SOOO frustrating!!!!

If you go for the ovulation sticks definitely buy them in bulk on ebay (I think I bought 80 for about 40 dollars or something)... and after your period has gone use them every day and you are BOUND to find out when you are ovulating.

As I said, I didnt get this far as I just went with the 'lets try as often as we can' well within limits, there are days when you / partner just dont want to (which can also be annoying but its part of life)... but just relax, try and enjoy the 'deed' as well ;)

Wishing you a whole heap of baby dust!!!!!!!!!! and keep my updated!!!

If you want any other advice or just need some support PM me ;)

:hug::hugs: x

PS, my mum had a friend who didnt have any periods for a whole year and she got pregnant and had a healthy baby, so there is always hope! I think it was this story that made me not freak out, haha :D

Soz but I've got to wave the old PCOS flag !

having irregular periods and finding it hard to lose weight are big old PCOS symptoms
(as are bad skin and unnecessary hair growth!)

I saw lots of doctors over about 10 years - telling each one my symptoms.
They all said it was just hormones and put me on a new pill...
until a fab lady doctor sent me off for a scan - and 2 weeks later 1lb of fit to burst ovary was removed!

my periods were all over the place - and now after the op I'm as regular as clockwork.

I honestly believe that if your body isn't working properly - its trying to tell you there's something wrong.
drugs treat symptoms nicely - but its best to find the cause.

Good luck with it though - I'm sure you're fine.

xxx

CHAAAAARTING :D

Charting is the way to go. Tells you when you O, how long your luteal phase is, and if you're lacking progesterone. Try it :)

Go onto fertilityfriend.com and get the basics to charting. Buy yourself a digital bbt thermometer (about £6) and you'll love it!!!!!

Seriously, it's so liberating. You know when your period is coming. I chart and have done for a long time. I also have irregular periods, and thanks to charting I know I'm ovulating and when my period is coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->