Irregular periods - ovulation question

Elanesse

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have a question for you all. Will I still ovulate approximately 14 days before AF if I have irregular periods? Or could my ovulation happen at any time inbetween my two periods? AF only visits me once every 6 months at times so its a pain :dohh:

Thanks, Leanne :)

Do you have PCOS? I have suspected PCOS and I find that I ovulate around cd 20-26. So it's really late. I'm not sure if that would be the same for you, but since your body doesn't follow the textbook scenario a 28 day cycle ovulation can occur at any time really for you. Without medication I would get my period once or twice a year.

You should ask your doctor about getting on provera and the taking clomid to induce ovulation.

Thanks for replying Tina Bee.

I have been tested for PCOS and my ultrasound and blood test results came back fine so that is one thing ruled out at least. I will keep trying to conceive for a couple more months and if I have no joy I will ask about clomid. I have heard great things about it - My mum actually conceived me using clomid as she had irregular periods when she was my age and she tried for 2 years with no luck but got pregnant on the first try when she started clomid. I'm hoping I would be as lucky if I took it!

i think most say that the end phase is "usually" 14 days, but with irregular periods, without checking temps etc, it is pretty impossible to tell. you can also get AF without actually having ovulated.

i hear you on irregular periods( i have PCOS) , and im only second round of clomid (first round did nothing for my ovaries at all, but it certainly made my wallet lighter.)

good luck in the coming months, with or without clomid. my mother also used clomid (12 cycles) to conceive my older sibling, and got me naturally . she had no problems at all with her periods and she wasnt over weight etc. it seems hit or miss on whether your body responds or not! hang in there!

Thank you for your advise and kind words. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you, lets hope round two is your round! Here's hoping for a BFP! :)

maybe think of investing in a clearblue fertility monitor to boost your chances of concieving so you will know exactly what day you ovulate on. :) hope this helps and goodluck!

Try to use this ovulation calendar tool https://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to trace your cycle and find the date of ovulation.

Calendars like that are pretty much useless for people with irregular cycles.

maybe think of investing in a clearblue fertility monitor to boost your chances of concieving so you will know exactly what day you ovulate on. :) hope this helps and goodluck!

I think CB monitor doesn't work well with long cycles either. I remember reading someone saying that it stopped asking them to pee on sticks after not being able to detect ovulation for 20 days.

The best bet is checking CM to find out your "possibly fertile" windows and temping to see if O happened or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->