Irregular shaped embryo sac

Bearsbaby

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm 5 or 6 weeks pregnant and had a scan on Friday. The Dr said the embryo sac is irregular in shape - it looked like a peanut - and I got the impression that she thought that it was not a good sign. She told me I have to go back in 10 or 12 days. I'm really worried.

Has anyone else ever been told this? Could it mean there's a serious problem with this baby or is it possible that everything could be fine?

If anyone can offer any insight or advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I dont really no how to answer as my only experience of this is negitive. However the fact they are rescanning means there must be some hope other wise they would just say sorry and that be that. I dont no if maybe when the sac is forming it can be irregular. Sorry im little help

The same happened with me. I did miscarry once.

Then, next pregnancy I was told it was looking an irregular shape and it was growing at a smaller rate than it should. I could see the obvious 'bashed' looking shape!

Everything turned out well, and my LO is here.

I just wanted you o know both my outcomes, so please dont lose hope xxxxx

I had this once, sadly it ended in a MC at 7 weeks......BUT I did alot of googling when i was told and I did find MANY positive stories of everything being fine at the second scan!

Dont give up hope, good luck xx

We were told this too and used to call our lo Baked Bean with a heart beat as a nic name. She seems to be fine so far xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->