Irritable uterus - do the contractions dilate you?

Clo

mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys
Reaction score
I think I have an irritable uterus as I had loads of braxton hicks with my ds, particularly when he kicked me hard, and I am having the same this time, only the have started earlier on.

I went into labour with my ds at 37 weeks.

Does anyone know if these earlier braxton hicks/contractions actually do anything or not? I've had loads today, particularly when baby is kicking hard, and while I am eager to meet my boy, 32 weeks is far too early! xxx

Mine never did anything to my cervix. It was still 3 1/2cm long right before my scheduled CS for my twins at 37 weeks.

Ive had tons of BH from week 20 or so. The only thing that has changed my cervix is the irregular very painful contractions.

Popping in from baby club. I had preterm contractions starting at 32 weeks. Never experienced any with my previous pregnancy. It was hell. Was at hospital numerous times as they were strong and regular always picked up on monitor too. Many times they thought I was in labor and got steroid shots too and morphine. Turns out I had major irritable uterus which never dilated my cervix. My water did finally break on its own at 38 weeks after having done 4 weeks of bedrest due to those terrible contractions. Things that helped were lots of water , warm baths and a glass of wine ( recommended by obstetrician). Wine has chemical in it that relaxes uterus and stops contractions. They are much worse when dehydrated though so drink lots! But call your dr just to get checked.

I've been having Braxton hicks since my first trimester. My dr kind of brushed me off when I said it, but whatever, this isn't my first rodeo, I know what they feel like. In my 3rd trimester I had them pretty often. Always thought this was preparing your body for labor & I guess it could be, but all I know is I've been having them forever, I'm almost 39 weeks & I'm a 1/2 cm dilated, high & thick. Good grief!

I have the irritable uterus issue and have had uncomfortable and painful contractions for a few weeks now but none have effected my cervix thankfully! It's no fun at all but I'll deal with it and I'm happy that my cervix isn't changing!

Thanks everyone. I was starting to get worried last night as I was having 3-4 an hour but they seemed to stop when I went a bed. Will keep an eye today and contact the hospital today if they start up again xxx

Thanks everyone. I was starting to get worried last night as I was having 3-4 an hour but they seemed to stop when I went a bed. Will keep an eye today and contact the hospital today if they start up again xxx

Whenever I'm having a bad day with them they tend to taper off and go away when I lay on the couch or go to bed. Good luck :flower:

I've had an irritable uterus in last 2 pregnancies from about 20 ish weeks, the contractions have never done anything though x

Can someone tell me what the signs of irritable uterus are and if it is actually dangerous or just painful???

I don't have an irritable cervix or uterus or whatever, but I've had BH since second tri and always irregular. They have been picking up here lately, but still irregular.

I'm currently dilated at least 2 centimeters (been a week since my last check, and self-check shows progress, but I'm not a doctor) and I'm at least 80% effaced, but I haven't had any contractions other than BH, so they have to be doing something!

I think that's another one of those things that's different for everyone.

Can someone tell me what the signs of irritable uterus are and if it is actually dangerous or just painful???

It means you get contractions on and off. They can be pretty painful but only show mild on the monitor at the hospital. This is my experience anyway. I pretty much get them daily. They aren't dangerous as long as they are not effecting your cervix in any way.

I am still getting them every day so gona mention it at my next appointment and see what they say. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->