Irritable Uterus

Clopatjo

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I feel a bit silly being on here. Have been having bh contractions very frequent all day w/end. They seem to trigger by the slightest thing even when the baby moves. Y/day eve they were quite intense but I would't say painful. I was in the hosp today and they did a cervical length scan which was fine.

Does any of your girls have experience of this condition. I am trying to keep hydrated. Being on bedrest is not really a runner but the doctor didn't say anything about this nor did they give me any meds. Is this just something you have to deal with. I worry about ptl.

Thanks girls xxx

Some days i have them every 10 mins, other days every few hours.
Have done since about week 18.
Baby growing well and doesn't seem to be doing any harm...
just uncomfortable, and now more than 10 weeks ago is it pretty unpleasent some times. Mostly they are just tightenings when i move/baby moves/when i have a full bladder etc
freaked me out big time at first but now i just ignore them :)

Thanks so much for the reply :) Ya it is a little strssful to say least. I am trying to get used to them and not worry so much. I notice I get them too whenever baba moves as well xx

yeah - it really did stress me out for weeks but i just got used to them. I have a stitch in as well so i thought that was causing it etc but its just me and how my uterus is.
good to get checked out though when anything changes.
hope everything goes well :)

I had that in my pregnancy. The thing to remember is that the contraction isn't the same as labour contractions. A true irritable uterus will tighten and release but your body isn't sending out the right chemicals to dilate you.

After months of an irritable uterus I ended up going seven days over due, was induced and never got over five cm dilated ending up in a c section. I wished at that point I'd irritate right into ten cm. But no luck!

Thanks a mil for the advice :) that helps a lot. The bh seem to have calmed down a bit too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->