Is 15 weeks, 1 day too early to have braxton hicks contractions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by motherlove, Aug 25, 2009.

1. motherlove

motherlove Active Member

Is 15 weeks, 1 day too early to have braxton hicks contractions? ?
    I have small pains in my belly, . They only come for a minute or two, but I am still wondering if they are braxton hicks? Or something more serious.... please help me!!!! thanks yall'also my lower belly get tighte and hard

2. lottie_2007

lottie_2007 Mummy of 3!!

You get braxton hicks almost straight away but it isn't usually until 20 ish weeks that you feel them although i think it may get earlier the more pregnancies you have! I started getting them recently with this baby! It is like tightenings that can be uncomfortable for a minute so it sounds like it, maybe chack with your mw x

3. lottie_2007

lottie_2007 Mummy of 3!!

** Oops Check with your mw**

4. Bam

Bam 3rd Trimester - #1

Braxton Hicks actually start around 6 weeks, you just don't feel them that early... that said, Braxton Hicks shouldn't hurt at all. Try drinking a couple of glasses of water and rest with your feet up for a bit. If the pains don't go away then you should probably phone your doctor/midwife.