Is a little white lie ok?!

SnowWhite90

Reaction score
If you have seen any of my panic filled posts yesterday youd know i walked into a door yesterday and really hurt my tummy of the door handle.

Even though i heard the baby's HB at doc's office yesterday...im really not satisfied, i want to physically see that she is ok!

I am thinking of ringing the maternity unit over at the hospital, they only see women that are 24weeks pregnant or more, Im going to bend the truth a little in the hope they will give me a quick ultrasound...just to make sure shes fine!

Feel kinda bad already about having to lie, but its only a few days?! A little white lie like this is ok isnt it?! I cant afford to fork out for a private scan :(

EDIT:Also havent felt any movement from baby since it happened!?

I doubt they will give you an ultrasound if the doppler shows the baby is ok.
I don't think there is any point in lying to be honest.

also, I do understand your worries, but the baby is well protected in there. The amniotic fluid is an excellent shock absorber. You would have to have quite a serious accident before the baby was in danger.

If you have seen any of my panic filled posts yesterday youd know i walked into a door yesterday and really hurt my tummy of the door handle.

Even though i heard the baby's HB at doc's office yesterday...im really not satisfied, i want to physically see that she is ok!

I am thinking of ringing the maternity unit over at the hospital, they only see women that are 24weeks pregnant or more, Im going to bend the truth a little in the hope they will give me a quick ultrasound...just to make sure shes fine!

Feel kinda bad already about having to lie, but its only a few days?! A little white lie like this is ok isnt it?! I cant afford to fork out for a private scan :(

I can totally understand honey why you feel the need to see your baby honey & whilst I am 1 of those people who can't lie to save their life I did manage to have my first scan at 9+3 because I had said June instead of July when they asked my LMP date when booking the scan....realising my mistake after getting off the phone I chose not to correct it & got to see my LO a few weeks early! I would say to them when they ask how far gone you are "I'm pretty sure I should be 24 weeks now" & hopefully they book you in for that scan :blush:

if i was worried i would, will they actully give you a scan or just listen for heartbeat

I personally don't think a white lie is great, if you heard a nice strong HB and maybe had a few kicks if your feeling them yet? I don't see them giving you an ultra sound, baby is well protected and takes a lot for there to be any harm. I'm sure your fine and that baby is fine and its nothing to worry about hunni!

Rest up and take good care of yourself!

wouldn't they need to see your care plan and that should have all your dates on it?
as the lady above said,i think they would try to listen to the heartbeat first before offering you a scan x

I doubt they will scan you either. I fell down a broken floorboard and my bump hit the edge of a desk I was walking past. I felt LO moving around but wanted reassurance anyway. It was at this point that I realised I had not been given up to date telephone numbers for the mat unit so I went to a&e - they didn't have up to date numbers either! So an a&e doctor saw me instead. He tried to hear heartbeat with stethoscope and failed but in the HOURS I had been waiting I had felt LO move sooooooooo much I knew she was OK. Without bleeding or cramping and with a moving baby they just send you home.

if i was worried i would, will they actully give you a scan or just listen for heartbeat

No idea?! I don't have a midwife or anything, just a gp, so dont really have any body to advise me!

EDIT:Also havent felt any movement from baby since it happened!?

lie away especially if it gives you peace of mind, dont feel bad at all you have to look after yourselfx

You could always go and say you are nearly 24 weeks, if you are in panic mode, you won't be thinking straight anyway so won't know your dates exactly. Once you are there, they shouldn't really turn you away.

If you tell them you haven't felt movement since, then surely they will have to scan you?

I had a slight bleed and high blood pressure so they said to come in but only listened to her heartbeat and did a blood pressure analysis so they probs won't just 'do a scan' kind of thing. I know it's hard not to worry but 23 weeks is still early enough not to feel bub all the time and may just be sleeping as I've read that shock can make them sleep. Take it easy and try and relax hun

:flower:

They'd probably refuse to do anything without your notes, and your notes would have your EDD on, so I dont think it'd work... I dont think you should do nothing though, if it's really concerning you... maybe call your doc again and say you've not felt movement since and ask him to refer you for a scan xx

ring first and tell the truth BUT also your worries/anxiety, etc...

best wishes

Do it! I would, hey it's your sanity, and you need your sanity to keep that baby healthy.. It's just a little lie, and not even by that much, your pretty much 24 wks ;)

No idea?! I don't have a midwife or anything, just a gp, so dont really have any body to advise me!

How come? Didn't the GP refer you to a midwife?

So, you don't have any notes?

If yo don't have any notes for them to see, you could always...well... stretch it a bit, and if they find out you can say :dohh: 'I must have ovulated later than I thought' :devil:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->