is anybody else really anxious to leave there toddler?!

cara23

Reaction score
Hello! We have been thinking for a while to start my 2 year old at a preschool maybe 2 mornings a week but now we have started looking at places I don't want to!! I am so scared to leave him! I can't stop thinking that he will get upset there about something and have no one to turn to it seems silly really, we wanted to get him ready for when he starts the school nursery in under a year as that is 5 mornings a week and he has never been left with anyone except his dad and nana and grandad. I feel so anxious about it, have also started to look into going back to work now he is two and now i have a interveiw next week but just feel like cancelling as I came bear to leave him fir 2 full days sm i over reacting? It's just weve done everything together for 2 years and I feel like its only 1 mre year until nursery may aswell make the most of our time as it will be over then bt my partner is really keen for him to go to a pre school as he thinks it will be good for him, I think im backing out at the last minute I just dont want strangers looking after him when i can do it!!

:hugs: i still have quite a lot of anxiety about leaving Ruby and i've worked since she was 12 months! But at her age i feel that being without me in the right environment is an essential learning experience, as you say, as a preparation for school, so we'll be keeping her in 2 afternoons at nursery while i'm at home with the new baby.

Yep me - I am not sending the boys till they get their free places! IMO there is too much pressure to send them away from us - there never ever was when my parents raised me you stayed home with mum until you went to school. I am doing what I feel is right and that is keeping my boys with me till they are three and go to pre-school. I may change my mind if I feel that they need more - we go to three toddler groups a week atm and they go off and play etc etc but I am there too. I feel that is appropriate atm xxxx

Daisy has only ever been with me, my husband or my mum very occasionally. I can't bear the thought of her being away from us! She is confident and independent and would be fine, it is me with the issue!

Maggie has just turned 18 months and has had a childminder since she was 12 months, I felt extremely guilty to start with especially as she always cries when i leave her and I also cried for a while but I have been reassured that is the only time she cries and then she's fine.

Anyway, my point is is that if you can find the right childcare whatever that might be and give it a go you will never know. In my personal experience I think it has done my little girl the world of good (and she's always found it hard to settle in quickly) she's a bit shy and takes a while to settle anywhere but I can see she just loves it there.

POSITIVES = Her speech has come on leaps and bounds, Her confidence with other people and childrenof all ages has changed dramatically, she has learned to trust and build relationships with other adults, She gets to see and experience new things I may not ever be able to show her, She gets the best of me because I have the energy to give it to her because I have a break from her, She has learned to become a lot easier with her sleeping, travelling, eating and ability to play on her own, and finally im hoping by having that time away from me will get her used to being more independant and make her feel more confident because she has her 'own little life' and be more prepared for pre-school.

NEGATIVES = having to say goodbye to her

And thats about it from me, if you want to ask any other questions fire away xx

I am! Ihsan needs alot of stimulation these days, he likes gymboree and jo jingles and gets bored at toddler groups now after 15minutes. He loves being out but has to be almost constantly on the move. I sometimes feel he is going to be ready for nursery sooner than 3, now even... but I can't do it yet! I just keep looking for new activites and different things we can do to keep him stimulated. I may change my mind in a few months mind you!

Good luck whatever you decide :)

I already leave DS two mornings a week (I have a very trusted nanny come in to look after him), BUT nursery/pre-school is a HUGE step (even though, for DS, it will only be an extra morning a week away from me).

To be perfectly honest, I think that DS will be just fine - he will be too busy to miss me! BUT I know I will be both very proud and sad about his growing independence (making his own friends, finding his own way)...

It is only natural.... :hugs:

:hugs:

I feel the same. I've been considering sending Omar to a nursery for a year now, but until now I dont feel I'm ready.

I ddint even look into nurseries & everyday we plan to call & take appointments, I make excuses to postpone.

Now we're waiting until after his birthday, but I'm still not sure if I will be able to leave him alone there.

I had huge reservations when I was considering going back to work full time ( I cried in the car park before an interview at the thought of leaving her at nursery all week). But I had to get a job and found an ideal part time one. I will admit the first few weeks of leaving her were awful and even now I get upset and wish I could go get her early, I Only work 2 days a week.

If you don't feel comfortable then don't do it.xx

In my experience the thought was much worse than the practice. I went back to work when LO was 9 months old. I work three days and she does one day with MIL and two in nursery. I was fine leaving her with MIL - but nursery, with strangers?? I was a bit of a mess to be honest. The weeks leading up to it I felt sick - and thought about not going back to work.
But - for us, it's been brilliant. Madeline adores nursery, she's made loads of little friends there and developmentally she's coming on in leaps and bounds. Her speech is great and advanced for her age, she can count, do all the animal noises, knows all her body parts, can sing songs and do actions - all before 18 months old. Obviously its not all down to nursery, but it's definitely helped. Also, I love my job, so it works out amazingly well for us. I love going to work, I adore weekends as a family and cherish the two days I have just me and Madeline.
It's personal preference - but I just wanted to let you know that the thought of doing it (and this is true for many people I know) is much worse than the actual doing (well, the first week is hard - but you get my drift). x

My kids go to care daily. Lucky for me, I do pick-up and get to rescue them, whereas hubby does the drop off. However...on Sunday, I leave Kelana for an hour at the nursery at church...I hate it. I am hoping she will be sleepy this time and she will stay with me. Who cares if I can't pray properly! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->