Is anybody waiting for six months solids?

KarenLV

Reaction score
Reading all these threads it seems like everyone is starting their babies early on solids.Is there anybody that is actually waiting for the 6month target? Am I the only one?

i wouldlike to wait until then but am happy to feed jack soilds earlier if he wants them xx

I wanted to wait until 6 months too but I did start giving Sam tastes of food at 5 months. He wasn't on proper meals until 6 though x

When i tried Paige on food at 5 months she just wasn't interestested, when i did start her at 6 months i had alot less fuss then i did with kieran and she seems to have moved to eating 'proper' food quicker, wheras with kieran it took him ages to have lumps x

I'll be waiting :) My mum would shoot me if I didn't (she's a mw), plus I think she'll be alright on breastmilk til then.

I'm waiting. But if she needs food before then i will wean her. But she's not interested in food anyway.

xx

i'm attempting to but with my little piglet i highly doubt we'll make it :rofl: seriously though, we are trying but we'll move over when she lets us no :) my HV said that she doubts we'll get there too, which i was surprised about, she said it was because maddi was such a big birth weight - 9lb 3 and half at birth and now 14lb 13oz!

I started giving Aaron tastes of solids at 4-5 months, but for various reasons it made him quite ill. He is nine months now and has only really been eating solids for the last week. If I could do it over I wouldn't have tried to introduce solids so early.

I started giving Aaron tastes of solids at 4-5 months, but for various reasons it made him quite ill. He is nine months now and has only really been eating solids for the last week. If I could do it over I wouldn't have tried to introduce solids so early.

This was my experience with my LO. She seems to love the new tastes, but her system just isn't ready yet. We'll be waiting all the way too.

I started givinng tastes prompted by my mother, my curiosity and my experience with my first baby. Not good this time round though!
:hug:

I started givinng tastes prompted by my mother, my curiosity and my experience with my first baby. Not good this time round though!
:hug:

All my friends and family kept telling me to start him on solids as he is a big baby and wasn't sleeping through the night (still isn't!). I was initially determined to wait until 6 months but eventually gave in to them... just goes to show that you know your own baby best and shouldn't listen to what others think!

I waited til 6 months but she wasn't interested. It wasn't until she was 9 months that she actually started eating anything. She only has little bites of what I'm having though, so isn't on a set number of meals yet

Im waiting for 6 months too , so ive only got a few weeks really. I have tryed him once with a bit of baby rice and tryed some rusk but i am waiting to start proply at 6 months xx xx

I'm definitely waiting until Katie is 6 months. She's 18 weeks and sleeps through the night and seems satisifed with her bottles.

We're waiting, Im going to hold out as long as possible but if he needs it before then, then he can have it.

xxx

im waiting till 6 months !

after HV wanted me to start her on solids because of low weight gain (at3months) i gave her a few solid meals but she just wasnt interested. her huge weight gain last week proved me right that i did NOT need to wean her as HV suggested!

I started at 17 weeks cos Kira was Ready, and she is on three meals a day and eats anythign she can get her hands on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->