Is anybody waiting for six months solids?

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by KarenLV, Oct 5, 2008.

1. KarenLV

KarenLV Well-Known Member

Reading all these threads it seems like everyone is starting their babies early on solids.Is there anybody that is actually waiting for the 6month target? Am I the only one?

2. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

i wouldlike to wait until then but am happy to feed jack soilds earlier if he wants them xx

3. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

I wanted to wait until 6 months too but I did start giving Sam tastes of food at 5 months. He wasn't on proper meals until 6 though x

4. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

When i tried Paige on food at 5 months she just wasn't interestested, when i did start her at 6 months i had alot less fuss then i did with kieran and she seems to have moved to eating 'proper' food quicker, wheras with kieran it took him ages to have lumps x

5. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

im waiting for 6 months

6. Sarah88

Sarah88 Full time working mummy

I'll be waiting :) My mum would shoot me if I didn't (she's a mw), plus I think she'll be alright on breastmilk til then.

7. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

I'm waiting. But if she needs food before then i will wean her. But she's not interested in food anyway.

xx

8. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i'm attempting to but with my little piglet i highly doubt we'll make it :rofl: seriously though, we are trying but we'll move over when she lets us no :) my HV said that she doubts we'll get there too, which i was surprised about, she said it was because maddi was such a big birth weight - 9lb 3 and half at birth and now 14lb 13oz!

9. freckleonear

freckleonear Crunchy mummy

I started giving Aaron tastes of solids at 4-5 months, but for various reasons it made him quite ill. He is nine months now and has only really been eating solids for the last week. If I could do it over I wouldn't have tried to introduce solids so early.

10. Margerle

Margerle Well-Known Member

This was my experience with my LO. She seems to love the new tastes, but her system just isn't ready yet. We'll be waiting all the way too.

I started givinng tastes prompted by my mother, my curiosity and my experience with my first baby. Not good this time round though!
    :hug:

11. freckleonear

freckleonear Crunchy mummy

All my friends and family kept telling me to start him on solids as he is a big baby and wasn't sleeping through the night (still isn't!). I was initially determined to wait until 6 months but eventually gave in to them... just goes to show that you know your own baby best and shouldn't listen to what others think!

12. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

I waited til 6 months but she wasn't interested. It wasn't until she was 9 months that she actually started eating anything. She only has little bites of what I'm having though, so isn't on a set number of meals yet

13. coz

coz Mummy to 2 boys

Im waiting for 6 months too , so ive only got a few weeks really. I have tryed him once with a bit of baby rice and tryed some rusk but i am waiting to start proply at 6 months xx xx

14. Sammy181

Sammy181 Katie's Mum

I'm definitely waiting until Katie is 6 months. She's 18 weeks and sleeps through the night and seems satisifed with her bottles.

15. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

We're waiting, Im going to hold out as long as possible but if he needs it before then, then he can have it.

xxx

16. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

im waiting till 6 months !

after HV wanted me to start her on solids because of low weight gain (at3months) i gave her a few solid meals but she just wasnt interested. her huge weight gain last week proved me right that i did NOT need to wean her as HV suggested!

17. vicky

vicky Well-Known Member

I started at 17 weeks cos Kira was Ready, and she is on three meals a day and eats anythign she can get her hands on.