• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

is anyone else not getting much "support" from husband or partner?

Thank you for wording that so nicely! I feel the same but DH is sooo stuobborn and he just pops off at the mouth when I try to talk to him. Telling me that he has a stomach ache sometimes but he doesnt stay home from work and lay around all day..uuuggghhh i want to smack him!

I looked at my husband my first pregnancy and told him if your in you in and that means for the good and the bad which means if i need help youll be getting off your ass and helping me and if its going to be a problem i can pack my stuff and leave tomorrow because im not taking care of two children when im only having one.
The way i see it were supposed to be a couple wich means were supposed to work together and help eachother because if these kinds of things go one sided for to long resentment builds up and your just looking at a future disaster later on. I also wanted to know that once the baby came that it wouldnt be all on me because its not like i got myself pregnant. I am not my husbands mother nor do i wish to be treated as such.

Well this is our first together and he just keeps basing my pregnancy off of what his ex wife went through... I have a separate thread somewhere-- he keeps comparing me to her and how she wasnt sick and she wasnt this and she wasnt that, UGH. I just feel sooo.. IDK like I dont want to be with him anymore. We were already separated once for 3 months and it was honestly the best 3 months of my life. I am not sure why i even came back.

hun from what your saying it doesnt seem to be a healthy relationship, it actually worries me that he compares you to his ex that is something that should never be done. Have you tryed explaining to him that every women reacts to pregnancy different and each pregnancy differently. But if your saying that things were better when you were split maybe you really need to reflect on this relationship and see if its something you want your son and daughter witness aswell as your future child because your decision to stay or leave someone who is ultimatly not a good place in your life could affect there future relationships. Aswell its not good for you if your not happy because as i said if things go one sided for to long it will almost either surley end with a big confrontation or with you sitting there silently unhappy with growing animosity.

I have told him that every woman is different and every pregnancy is different and my fisrt pregnancy when i was 15 was wayyy worse than this one and he said that he has just never seen a woman like this and it is no reason for me to not cook and clean and all this other stuff. I know that I need to really look deep down on our relationship but he has already told his parents about the baby and they are really happy and i know my kids like coming here bc they love my step kids and IDK it is all soo hard. And if i did leave him I would move where my ex husband lives since that would be easier on the kids.. its all just soo tough. I guess Iam just trying to work at it the best I can and give it my last all ya know? Once I break I will be done for good!!

:hugs:That is sad. Has he witnessed you barfing? Sorry but my husband needs a reminder sometimes. I have been tired and pukey in the morning and afternoon and he can get frustrated with me. Honestly I don't hide it anymore! If I got to run to the bathroom he is gonna know about it!

Hang in there, hopefully he will understand soon.

So sorry to hear of your unsupportive OH. :hugs:

I think a lot of times, people forget how miserable it is to be sick to your stomach unless they're in the middle of it. Think of all the people who swear during a hangover to never drink again only to be back at the pub the next weekend.

Have you thought about sending him out an all-night drinking binge? Then wake him up at 5am with tickets for him and the kids to have a "fun" day at an amusement park. Trying to look after the kids while hung over and being surrounded by loud noises, spinning rides, etc. may give him a taste into what surviving morning sickness daily feels like. It by no means excuses how he's reacted so far but may help in reminding him just what it feels like.

Ladies !!:shrug: what are you doing?!? I cannot believe what all you guys are going through! Even though, I must say I have been there myself ( but I left thAt guy long ago because I was afraid this very thing would happen to me if we ever had children). I cannot believe that your husbands are treating you this way, it is terrible and heartbreaking!! I thought that it was hard enough being pregnant, working a demanding full-time job, going to school and taking care of my 9yo stepson all at once, I could never imagine having to deal with such an butthead on top of all of that!!! I mean no offense by using the term, I'm just saying that I know it has to be extra hard for all of you. Making a baby isn't easy, and I know that no man will ever understand what we are going thru, but they should still be supportive of you while THEIR child is growing inside of you!! If I were you ladies, I would seperate myself from your husbands, let them be an ass by themselves until they come around. There is no sense in letting them make the 1st trimester of your pregnancy any more stressful than it already is. You women deserve to be happy And enjoy Your pregnacies, And not be have someone constantly upsetting you. I'm sure once the awful symptoms of the 1st tri pass and they see their son or daughter on that ultrasound screen, they will want to help you and be there for you! At
least they better! I definitly agree with having the heart-to-heart talk with your OH, it is worth a shot, just don't let them ruin the wonderful experience of pregnancy for you! I will be praying that your hubby's / OH's come around and change their ways. Im sure When you married them you expected that they would be there for you no matter what, you would do it for them and they should do they same for you.

Wishing all of you a H&H 9 months! You deserve it! (having to put up with all that) :hugs::winkwink:

My husband was very supportive during my first 2 pregnancies and very supportive with all 3 of my miscarriages but for some reason, with this pregnancy...he's just being a real jerk. It's almost like he thinks he made a mistake when deciding to have that one last child with me. Always mad at me when I don't want to clean the house when I'm just tired and want to rest after working 10hrs.(I own my own business, a children's consignment store, which is extremely busy and successful). Always wants to know whats for dinner, always playing video games, always planning fun events with his friends and the list goes on. I don't know what has happened to us but something is no longer the same. I think if your man is truely in love with you he will be there for you no matter what and be supportive. I'm afraid after 15yrs, he's just given up. Sorry to vent but I just happened to see this thread after a fight with him. I think I'm just going to stop trying to make him understand and hope he comes around.

Ladies !!:shrug: what are you doing?!? I cannot believe what all you guys are going through! Even though, I must say I have been there myself ( but I left thAt guy long ago because I was afraid this very thing would happen to me if we ever had children). I cannot believe that your husbands are treating you this way, it is terrible and heartbreaking!! I thought that it was hard enough being pregnant, working a demanding full-time job, going to school and taking care of my 9yo stepson all at once, I could never imagine having to deal with such an butthead on top of all of that!!! I mean no offense by using the term, I'm just saying that I know it has to be extra hard for all of you. Making a baby isn't easy, and I know that no man will ever understand what we are going thru, but they should still be supportive of you while THEIR child is growing inside of you!! If I were you ladies, I would seperate myself from your husbands, let them be an ass by themselves until they come around. There is no sense in letting them make the 1st trimester of your pregnancy any more stressful than it already is. You women deserve to be happy And enjoy Your pregnacies, And not be have someone constantly upsetting you. I'm sure once the awful symptoms of the 1st tri pass and they see their son or daughter on that ultrasound screen, they will want to help you and be there for you! At
least they better! I definitly agree with having the heart-to-heart talk with your OH, it is worth a shot, just don't let them ruin the wonderful experience of pregnancy for you! I will be praying that your hubby's / OH's come around and change their ways. Im sure When you married them you expected that they would be there for you no matter what, you would do it for them and they should do they same for you.

Wishing all of you a H&H 9 months! You deserve it! (having to put up with all that) :hugs::winkwink:

Thanks and that is what I've decided to do. I'm just going to step back and let him be a lonely a-hole right now. I'm just going to go to work, go to my appts and take care of my boys. If he wants to know what's goin on, he can ask me but I'm not going out of my way to tell him anymore. He didn't even come to my 8 week ultrasound this week because he didn't think the appt was necessary.(I called in for an appt because I was cramping for 2 days). He said I worry for no reason and didn't need to go. I'm really glad I found this thread tonight. It's such a relief to get this all out.

Thank God my DH works in a restaurant and eats all of his meals there and on his day off we go out to eat. But my EX-dh was an ASS. Eggs made me SO sick so what did the asshole want everyday 3 TIMES A DAY??? EGGS. I wanted to hurt him. I was so sick, I have severe hypermesis during pregnancy and at that time I was allergic to the only med they could give me, phenergan. Thank God now for Zofran, but I'm still sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"