Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

Gosh ladies, all I want to do in the evening is EAT! I am trying to keep up my exercise at home with some youtube videos and my therabands but I doubt I can train off as many calories as I want to consume! Gah! What are you doing exercise wise and/or to keep the steps up? I wish I had a treadmill!

I'm getting out for a walk each day but I still struggle on steps because of not having the school runs now. There are lots of workout videos on YouTube but they're not really the same as being able to get out :(

Went to our local Aldi and they were queuing down the road. They're only letting 80 people in store at a time and as soon as one person comes out they let the next person in. There are strips on the floor at the checkout to space people out. There was a man in front of me who asked if they could bring him some eggs as he'd heard they'd just had the delivery in. The cashier told him to just go back and get some as they were out now, which meant he had to squeeze right past me in the queue. So much for social distancing!

Yeah they did the same at our local Waitrose but luckily the queue was not that long!
Sorry about the guy squeezing through though :/

Urgh sorry Bev that would have freaked me out too !

I’ve actually not been shopping since last Wednesday so I don’t have a clue what it’s like now first hand.

I’m with you Angel it’s so hard not to pick at foods all day ! I am also missing the school run just for the walking Bev . Going to be so unfit after this . I have been walking / jogging around my back garden so hopefully that will help ! x

its the same in my OH Aldi now, he was basically playing security guard on the door limiting people going in, but i suppose its whats got to be done to keep people apart. I went to aldi before they had to start queuing and there were still elderly ladies blocking isles having a 20 minute chat, i almost told them that they 1. Either move to the side to stop others having to squeeze past them 2. If they are not that bothered about contracting the virus, to continue the conversation at home and 3. To just get home and self isolate! Its a piss take. I do worry about my OH still being in work, but limiting the customers means he will have less contact in one go with people I suppose

The elderly ladies are the worst! My MIL works in Aldi and she says elderly people keep coming up close to her and touching her asking where products are and then they get offended when she moves back and they tell her to stop ignoring them. She tells them that she's protecting them as much as herself, but they don't seem to get the seriousness of it

Thats exactly how it is here too! My OH always says to them.. would you like me to grab a cuppa and some biscuits for you while your here seems as you've been chatting for half hour.. very unprofessional but its true and I can see why all the workers get so pissed off :rofl: I don't know ow how my OH is a manager there, he xant bite his tongue when it comes to things like that! Especially now as our aldi is quite small in comparison and obviously they have to work in such close proximity to people, so I completely relate to him kicking off slightly :haha:

Crazy, when it is exactly old ladies like that who should be super duper careful! :nope:

Hahaha! I couldn’t do a job in retail I can’t hold my tongue sometimes !

I don’t think some of the old ones realise and some of them just go the shops to chat which is pretty sad . Some have lived through hard times so they might not get the big deal like us ?. I dunno just hope they stay safe !

If someone stands too close to me over the next few months I will go mental .

I finally found TP!!!!!!!!!

A neighbor posted the Kroger had stocked so I rushed! I got 2 packs (they limited it). Then I went to the other Kroger and got 2 more. We have almost 100 rolls now. I also got 4 packs of paper towels. The other day, I was able to pick up 6 single rolls of toilet paper. Technically I wasnt supposed to get 6 but the cashier let me. Oops. We were using family cloth and still plan to but DH prefers his TP.

I had to complain to a manager the other day as they are sanitizing carts. Well the dingle berry would spray the rag, wipes multiple carts, then spray the same cloth and wipe more carts. YOURE SPREADING GERMS!

I'm glad you finally managed to find it!

What an ineffective way of sanitizing the carts. He was probably spreading it onto more trolleys using the same rag! :dohh:

wow 100 rolls! I wouldn't even know where to store them LOL

Yeah or soundproof the kids’ room! Lol

Woop for getting the TP !! Wow that’s a lot ha ha DH came in with some before we have about 30 rolls haha . He said he didn’t realise we didn’t need anymore , but it’s one of them items which will get used regardless !

Oh wow what a fool spreading all the germs around ! Glad you did say something though!

Myself and the girls made a rainbow today for the NHS , proudly placed in our window for the foreseeable !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->