Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

I live in Rome Italy, and I just had 2, 3 day old embryos transferred back into me, let me tell you how I see it.

I had to go to hospital for my transfer as you could imagine I was a little scared but do you know what? i felt safer, I was lucky to be the last protocol to happen just because the hospital wanted all doctors helping in other departments, but the only thing that was different was my partner had to prove he was needed lol.

It’s a virus, it unfortunately effects older and people with respiratory problems. But the young even the very young seem to either not get it or deal with it very well, panicking isn’t the best action.
I believe that this panic is for nothing, I live in Rome I have a pub in Rome, I dealt with many people around the world over the past 2 months (until lock down) and I am not sick, nor is anyone I know. I really thought I’d know someone by now but I don’t. I want the UK to lock down only because it will get Europe back on its feet quicker, if they lock down in two weeks time they’ll be a month behind Europe’s recover.... and it’s not because I am worried about any virus it’s because I’m worried for the economy.
I hate feeling like I am trapped and I am trapped, I think it was too extreme the lock down here but it’s happened.
Please educate yourself on the virus and keep your common sense.

@Mum42crazy That is very reassuring. I'm so glad you have been safe. Thank you for sharing <3
And just for a laugh we have loads of loo roll in the supermarket what does that tell you? And we have loads of food I. The supermarkets lol, oh and nearly all over the counter drugs are available only, masks and antibacterial gel isn’t..... but washing hands is better anyway.

And just for a laugh we have loads of loo roll in the supermarket what does that tell you? And we have loads of food I. The supermarkets lol, oh and nearly all over the counter drugs are available only, masks and antibacterial gel isn’t..... but washing hands is better anyway.

Wow, it's chaos here and there's nothing on the shelves in shops!

I'm in the US and people are crazy. The stupidity of the things people feel they need. TP, spaghetti, sugar, flour, pop, water, ramen, paper towels, cold meds, diapers, laundry soap, frozen foods. How about fire wood? Emergency candles, , etc

All restaurants have closed, any gatherings bigger than 100 people, churches, court houses. Groceries have cut hours.

I agree that the UK should go into lockdown, I know it will be difficult but I'd rather stay safe away from people and let the virus die down, but who's to say 2, 3, 4 weeks inside stops the spread, apparently it can stay with you for a number of weeks after recovering from symptoms, so how is staying indoors going to prevent it, when theres really no 'end date' the virus will stop, so really I think staying indoors wont do much, on the other hand that exactly what I want to do to not catch it :haha: the people of the UK wont listen, after listening to a few phone ins on chat shows about the over 70 being in isolation, about 90% of them basically told the government to piss off, which I can understand as they value their independence, but on the other hand they are the people that will benefit the most from this cause of action, and to not listen will be life threatening for them potentially, I think you either chose to be careful and follow the guide, or to completely disregard it like many of the elderly (just from what I've heard) if anything it will be stubbornness that causes the spread of it

I wrote that and jumped in and out of the story! I meant I think we should all go into lockdown, however I'm not to sure how it will benefit

So Boris Johnson said no social gatherings, but schools are still to stay open. Isn't school classed as quite a large gathering? I've no idea where he's coming from with his guidelines, they are very contradictory and they differ from what the rest of the world are doing.

I said this to my hubby and he said though that the impact of not having the kids at school would be massive for a lot of people and if everyone followed the advice that are going to school including the parents and teachers it would still be relatively safe. That requires trust though doesn't it!
I think we should have the option of the kids staying at home though personally because it would also mean the kids remaining at school would be safer too.

Here in the states, everything is closed. Now they want groups to be smaller than 50. No school for 8 weeks, church, zoo, library, community centers, extra curricular activities, restaurants having free delivery or drive thru only, small business closing, big grocery stores like walmart no longer open 24/7. The shelves are empty in stores. It is crazy, but I fully believe in flattening the curve. We have to home school now, and started today. Luckily, both mine and DHs jobs are secure. DH already works from home and I'm a nurse. I feel bad for the kids, being stuck at home. Trying to get them outside everyday, even if the weather isn't great.

I have an autoimmune disease along with obviously being 19 weeks pregnant so my household is in isolation. My partner has copd and bad asthma. So the school will be giving us some work for the kids to do at home. My eldest starts her GCSE's in 8 week's. I hope they still do them as they have talked about putting them off until September xx

They need to close the schools asap, they think kids are not as affected by the virus, however there hasnt been enough evidence of this. I feel fortunate than none of us have a medical issues. I think keeping the kids in school for people to go out and work is mental, just close everything down! Most places are offering help with mortgages and bills for when everything is on lock down, and I think that should happen here! And sadly if there was anyone to catch it it would be us, my partner is manager in aldi so has to go in to help restock everything due to ******ed idiots stock piling... I'm so grateful, if we need milk, bread or wipes or nappies he puts them to one side after it comes in on delivery, so I couldn't be more thankful enough, if I had my own way I'd ask if he could put essentials back for a few oldies I know that are isolating, however that isnt allowed (hes not supposed to do it for us, but he does).

It's crazy isn't it. So much respect for Aldi workers, they're absolutely rushed off their feet at the moment. My MIL works for them and is being asked to do more hours etc.

Took James to nursery and we are now not allowed in the building and have to drop them off at the doorway outside and the teacher will take them in. Seems like everything is being done to avoid just having to close the schools which would probably be the more sensible option.

Starting to panic now, here formula is sold out everywhere, even my OH said they've not had Mamia milk in on delivery either... what the fuck am I supposed to do if I cant get formula! Wishing i had stocked up now!

I hope you manage to find some soon hun. That must be really worrying :( Maybe phone some stores and find out which days they have their deliveries of it.

Aldi is getting bigger deliveries now and my OH is working until 10pm when deliveries come in, praying for some bloody formula! I'm not so frightened by this virus anymore, I'm actually angry and how its caused people to act in regards to shopping for essentials. I'm fortunate that I 'could've afford to bulk buy, however I havent, and now I'm starting to regret it, wheres this 'look out for your community and neighbours' its non existent here

People are starting to act like vultures :(
People in our area have fortunately really pulled together and set up community groups to help deliver supplies to the elderly and less able.
Are there any Facebook groups local to you where you could ask people to let you know if they have seen supplies in any stores?

Sadly, and I probably sound like a cow here, people are so occupied on helping the elderly, but what about our babies? Babies that rely on formula alone, for the elderly, even if they had the basics they could pull together an easy meal, even if you live on beans on toast for months on end, we cant exactly whip up some formula to feed our babies, I had this conversation a few days ago and the answer to that question was, well it's my fault for not breastfeeding... hahaha okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->