Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

It's not your fault at all :hugs: Something definitely needs to be put in place to help babies, it's all they can eat

It's not your fault at all :hugs: Something definitely needs to be put in place to help babies, it's all they can eat
I think formula should he available on prescription for a few months, not sure if theres any logic behind that, but it would mean we all got some easily and no one could hoard it

That would be a good idea, especially in times like this so it could be shared out more fairly

And to top my day off, Enzo has developed a cough and has been a bit grouchy today, mine and George's temperature is rising, he has a croaky voice and I feel like I'm coming down with something. I dont think this is the start of the virus, but then who knows!

must be so worrying when you have a baby too...I've heard that if you go into a pharmacy they will order any formula in for you within 48hrs, I hope this is true anyway. Have you got someone who could try this option for you?

I live in Rome Italy, and I just had 2, 3 day old embryos transferred back into me, let me tell you how I see it.

I had to go to hospital for my transfer as you could imagine I was a little scared but do you know what? i felt safer, I was lucky to be the last protocol to happen just because the hospital wanted all doctors helping in other departments, but the only thing that was different was my partner had to prove he was needed lol.

It’s a virus, it unfortunately effects older and people with respiratory problems. But the young even the very young seem to either not get it or deal with it very well, panicking isn’t the best action.
I believe that this panic is for nothing, I live in Rome I have a pub in Rome, I dealt with many people around the world over the past 2 months (until lock down) and I am not sick, nor is anyone I know. I really thought I’d know someone by now but I don’t. I want the UK to lock down only because it will get Europe back on its feet quicker, if they lock down in two weeks time they’ll be a month behind Europe’s recover.... and it’s not because I am worried about any virus it’s because I’m worried for the economy.
I hate feeling like I am trapped and I am trapped, I think it was too extreme the lock down here but it’s happened.
Please educate yourself on the virus and keep your common sense.

Thank you so much for your post , I couldn’t agree more with the U.K. going on lockdown to help all the other countries.

Starting to panic now, here formula is sold out everywhere, even my OH said they've not had Mamia milk in on delivery either... what the fuck am I supposed to do if I cant get formula! Wishing i had stocked up now!

Go the chemist .
Apparently they might be able to order you some in ! It’s getting too much now when cannot get supplies for babies

The only thing I stocked up on was nappies and wipes ! I only had a few and couldn’t get them for 2 days . Even then MIL had to queue up in Aldi for there’s at 8am . We don’t normally use Aldi but Asda’s but he’s just gonna have to have Aldi’s . DS gets his on prescription due to milk allergy . Buying jar food in asda was a joke , I managed to get the last few that didn’t contain milk ! I can’t believe how bad it’s gone in a week! We need lockdown now to control this outrages stock piling !

I have great respect for anyone who works in any food outlet during this time ! It must be so stressful ! If we lockdown and people shop as usual we will still all get our usual shop or at least some alternatives to things that usually sell out . I’m glad a few of the stores are opening an hour earlier for the elderly this is such a good idea .

I can’t get any hand wash either but we have plenty of soap. .

Has anyone pulled their kids from school yet ?

I think formula should he available on prescription for a few months, not sure if theres any logic behind that, but it would mean we all got some easily and no one could hoard it
I'm in the US, and saw some people on FB talking about formula and someone posted that they could call the number on the back of the can and the company would ship them some.

I think we are about to go on a country wide lock down. Several cities have done that already. We are still way behind with testing, and hospitals are begging the public to send them the masks they went out and bought up.

So an up date on Italy, we still have the basics for babies and I really don’t understand why this panic buying of baby products is happening in the UK or US.
For me the worst thing is not having things for the kids to do, buy some cheap games, coloring book and arts and crafts, puzzles. I am having to wait at least 5 - 10 days on some amazon orders, plus they cost more.
Also I ordered some PT and they will arrive in 10 days lol so I canceled. I’m not sure if the UK will close down like us but think of a wider range of goods to get. I really feel sorry that all this panic buying is happening. Here we have definitely been more calm in this, even if you see photos of big lines, it’s only because so many people can’t get into the shop at The same time. Don’t give into all the media hype! But do plan a little a head especially if you have kids!!! PS wash your hands best way to stop it!!!

My kids are still in school but we now have to drop the nursery kids at the door rather than go in and help them to hang their coats up etc. And my daughter's class play that the parents were going to watch has been cancelled. Seems they are doing everything possible to keep the parents out of the school, but I think it would be wiser to just close it

So an up date on Italy, we still have the basics for babies and I really don’t understand why this panic buying of baby products is happening in the UK or US.
For me the worst thing is not having things for the kids to do, buy some cheap games, coloring book and arts and crafts, puzzles. I am having to wait at least 5 - 10 days on some amazon orders, plus they cost more.
Also I ordered some PT and they will arrive in 10 days lol so I canceled. I’m not sure if the UK will close down like us but think of a wider range of goods to get. I really feel sorry that all this panic buying is happening. Here we have definitely been more calm in this, even if you see photos of big lines, it’s only because so many people can’t get into the shop at The same time. Don’t give into all the media hype! But do plan a little a head especially if you have kids!!! PS wash your hands best way to stop it!!!

Exactly, here in the UK everyone is savage! Theres not a single thing left in most shops now which has eventually turned people like me to start bulk buying now as in the beginning inwas only getting what I need to then, not being able to get a single thing, so I may be as bad as the people that started this bulk buying in the beginning, but my intentions are completely different, I'm now doing it to make sure my baby and kids have it.

My OH managed to get more nappies in work last night and 4 tubs of aldi formula this morning. I'm so grateful for him to be working there putting his health at risk, everyone comments on how proud they are of the health workers and people on the front line of the virus, but no one praises the supermarket workers that are working practically all day, with no break, working amongst customers that you can tell you clearly unwell, yet they havent self isolated meaning their germs could spread to these workers who are desperately trying to restock shelves for everyone else, so if any of you works in supermarkets I just wanted to say how proud I am of you, and thank you for really trying your best. My OH has had nothing but abuse off customers for not having everything they need in stock, and I find it disgusting. He works in aldi, not the cave of wonders.

I'm so glad you managed to get some formula.

That's awful that your OH gets treated like that at work :( Supermarket workers are absolute heroes and they deserve so much respect through this.

Yes absolutely hats off to the supermarket workers. I cannot believe how rude people are, so unjustified.

Can't believe people are not staying at home when they are ill too, shocking.:growlmad:

Yes absolutely hats off to the supermarket workers. I cannot believe how rude people are, so unjustified.

Can't believe people are not staying at home when they are ill too, shocking.:growlmad:

Its terrible and it could cause more harm than good! Before pregnant women had to self isolate, a girl my OH works with was pregnant and on the till serving someone who was sneezing coughing and looked dreadful, she had every right to turn that person away but didnt, luckily shes been in isolation now for a few days for her own safety, maybe that person she served did only have a standard cough and cold, but it COULD have been this dreaded virus. Just stay at home if you feel unwell, if you need fresh air go for a quiet walk, not shopping!

It's awful. I wish people wouldn't leave the house when they're ill. It's so selfish to those who are at risk.

I need to do our weekly shop soon and I'm dreading it. I will feel guilty getting a trolley load even though that's what we normally buy anyway. There is barely anything on the shelves and everywhere is packed.

I think it's gone past being selfish now bev, if you dont get a few of what you need now you dont know when you will get it again! Its every man for himself now! Thanks UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->