Is anyone else still really sensitive to smells?

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
I feel like I rarely breathe through my nose now because so many smells make me feel sick and heave :(

Don't even get me started on changing a shitty nappy :haha:

Anyone else still like this? I feel like I'm in first tri! :(

ME!!! Its really annoying as it didnt happen in any of my previous pregnancies. I feel like im forever complaining about how everything stinks and feeling ready to throw up all the time.

Lol, I didn't get any more sensitive to smells until around last week! I made OH get up and brush his teeth at about 3am one morning because his breath was unbearable :(

I am not as bad as first tri but some days are worse than others. I cooked lamb for DH the other day and suddenly the smell of it was just revolting. I told him he had to keep it away from me and then I went into the bedroom while he ate because the smell bothered me so much. In fact I had him take it out of the oven and then he brought it to me asking me if it was raw in the middle (he is colorblind) and I started dry heaving and shouting at him that if he suspected it was raw to stick it back in the oven and keep it away from me before I vomit all over him.

Yes, me. It's weird cos there are days when I assume the hormones are at their full, which means discharge, strong sense of smell and other not beloved symptoms from back in the first tri. But they are isolated days and then it subsides...

I can't stand so many smells! Lucky my OH has some time off work while the boat is broken down, he works on a creel boat and his dirty work clothes made me throw up the other day :sick:

Oh yes!!! Its awful! The worst for me is the smell of chicken alfredo and other people's breath. I don't even want DH to breathe in my general direction it makes me crazy.

Yes definitely. My poor 9 year old son seems to have hormonal changes at the moment so his hair gets greasy really quickly and stinks. I can't abide the smell and send him up for a shower all the time bless him. Bought him some specific shampoo for it now so should be better. :blush: Bad mummy!

Yep! Not to the point that smells make me sick, but every little smell just irritates me.

Yes! :haha: pretty much every smell ever is still the grossest thing :rofl:

Not as bad as first tri but it has been constant throughout entire pregnancy and some days it's horrible. It doesn't help that my son is almost 4, special needs and still not potty trained. I need to hold my breath to change him. Smells are sometimes so strong that I can taste them and that DOES make me physically ill.

Yes! The landlord in my building smells SO BAD and I can tell when I get in the elevator if he's been in it recently... The smell lingers and I think I'm going to puke every time!! Oh, it is so bad... But I think I might have the same reaction not pregnant! Other smells get to me too just like they did in first tri... Actually, a lot of first tri symptoms are coming back. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->