is anyone else's little one too long for infant carrier but not 20lbs yet?!

F

FierceAngel

luisa has about an inch if that in her carrier :( she is still only just under 18lbs.. and was told but hv that her weight gain will slow down now (already has) so unlikely she will be 20lbs before she is one...

ive been looking at the rear facing and then forward facing ones.. does any one know if there is a height restriction that they can rear face to? i know its still 29lbs for weight..

and does anyone have any recommendations!

xx

Seth had that problem too becuse he was quite long but underweight... we figured it was safer for him to be in an upright car seat that squished in his little one. i know its not strictly whats advised but at the end of the day, what can you do. If they dont fit in a carrier, they dont fit :shrugs: maybe have a word with mothercare or halfords or somewhere that fits them, they might be able to give you some advice x

Izzy was too tall for her Britax infant seat at 6 months...I held out til 7 months and then got one that goes both ways, so she fits but is still facing the back...I think I will keep her that way until her feet touch the seat.

There is no restriction on how long they can stay rear facing as far as I know, basically until they are too long and need their feet to dangle over the edge - in actual fact they say as long as possible, it is much safer!

Mothercare have quite a few combination seats.

the infant seats are the safest so im trying to keep her in hers as long s poss, but shes already 20lb and getting squished in it so im not sure how much longer it will last!

Ben was 19lb when he went in his forward facing MaxiCosi Priori XP seat. He was too wide, not long! and he was so jammed into the baby seat, sticking out all over the place it wouldn't do him any good. Hes nice and secure in the 'new' seat now and at nearly 21lb is ok on the weight limits :D in fact now his head is right too the top of it and his feet near the end :s

Id say go with your instinct!

Which seat have you got? I have a maxi cosi and a creatis, in the creatis she has loads of room still but is a comfortable fit in the maxi cosi!

Yep. Rocco is only 6 months old, 19lbs 10.5 oz and 29 inches (74cm) the limit on his carrier is 25 lbs and 29 inches so he's too long. (in the US at least) they are to ride rear-facing until 20lbs and 1 year. Rocco will be 20 lbs soon, but has 6 months until we turn him to forward facing. We got a convertible car seat that does rear and forward facing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->